AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Tallied Purchase list format with many components won't "fit"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Dag_Henrik
704 Views, 5 Replies

BOM Tallied Purchase list format with many components won't "fit"

Hello

We use the Panel BOM with "Display in Tallied Purchase List Format", and put them on drawings in the project. This has always worked kind of ok/satisfactory.

I like the fact that the Ordering Department get the Quantity, Catalog and Descriptions right out, and the shop get their Tag, Description and Product Number, all from the same BOM. 

In the project I'm currently assigned to, we have many components with the same Catalog Number, and this results in that the report wont fit inside our title block...

Regardless of how I adjust the "Rows for Each Section", autoCAD don't split the row with the same Catalog Number!

And on other pages, only a few rows will be inserted, making the whole BOM look kind a... incoherent to say the least.

Do I miss something, or is there a way to fix this?

And one other thing:

We also list the Sheet for each component in the BOM, but the sheet that are listed in the BOM is the sheet that the Footprint is located. (Probably because the Panel Layouts comes after the Schematic drawings) Is there a way to get the sheet that the schematic symbol is on to show in this column?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Dag_Henrik
in reply to: Dag_Henrik

Nobody out there who can share some of their experience?

Message 3 of 6
Dag_Henrik

Well, I found this in the help file:

Break report tables

You may want to break a report into multiple tables. You can do this from the Table Generation dialog box without having to run the report multiple times or clicking "Put on Drawing" multiple times. You can break the report table by specifying the number of rows per section. If an entry in the report contains multiple lines of text, such as a Bill of Materials description, each line of text is considered a row. A table will not be broken in the middle of a multi-line entry but the entire entry is moved to the next section.

So I guess that answers my question then. If you place more than 60 pcs (Our templates are set up in such a way that 60 lines will fit inside) of a component with the same product number, you are basicly screwed if planning to use the "Tallied Purchase list format"...

Message 4 of 6
rhesusminus

Seems like you need to do some LISP-programming here.

If you use the "Display 'By TAG' Format" instead, and make a User Post that'll go through each line, and summarize the QTY columns for each combination of MFG/CAT/ASSYCODE, and place the result in the topmost row, and clear the other rows....

Or something like that 🙂

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 6
Dag_Henrik
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank you for your thoughts.

Unfortunately for me I don't have the time nor knowledge to pull something like that off, at least not at the moment.

What about the SHT post being inhabited with the "Layout Sheet Number"?

This post kind of loses its value when all components point to the same layout sheet.

It really should point to where the schematic component is located...

Message 6 of 6
rhesusminus

I guess you're using the Report-button in the Panel-group, to get a complete BOM with both panel and schematic components.

So, that's why you get the SHT-reference to the sheet where the Panel footprint is inserted.

Unfortunately there is no way to get a "!complete BOM" using the Schematic BOM report. Well... unless you insert some dummy-components in the schematics that represents the Panel footprints....

Seems like a hassle, but it should work.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost