AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Terminal Drawings / Terminal Strip Editor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Gaituuth
382 Views, 2 Replies

Automate Terminal Drawings / Terminal Strip Editor

Hello,

Is there a way to automate the TSE (Terminal Strip Editor).

What I want for example is that the first and last terminal in the list get a Accessory assigned from the catalog (End Bracket for example).

Also I want to insert and renumber spare terminals.

Every project I have todo this again and again.

I want to spent my time on more intelligent stuff Smiley Happy

Also I want to generate automatically the graphical terminal drawings.

Regards,

Gerald

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
randybrunette
in reply to: Gaituuth

I don't know of a way to accomplish what you are asking without some custom programming, but here's an idea (untried so far) that I have. This is not automatic, but may save some time.

How about creating a block that contains a collection of the parts you want to appear on the terminal strip, like the end caps, plates, and spares. The graphics for these blocks could be invisible as long as the attributes are there for each one. Assign the MFG and CAT values as desired for all the components. Set the terminal strip ID to something generic like TS-X.

Insert this "terminal strip template" block into your drawing and explode it.

Then in the Terminal Strip Editor (TSE) use the Reassign Terminal command to change the ID and move the parts to the correct terminal strip. You will have to move to the strip and move the components around manually into the correct positions.

Let me know if you give this idea a try, and if it works. Thanx.

Randy Brunette
Brunette Technologies, LLC
randy.brunette@brutec.us
www.brutec.us
Message 3 of 3
Gaituuth
in reply to: randybrunette

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your advice.

I'm going to investigate it. It's not a complete solution but it saves some time consuming steps. So I think it's helping me.

Maybe someone from Autodesk knows some "hidden" API's who he/she wants to share.

Best regards,

Gerald

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost