AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocrat Electrical and Revit MEP 2011

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
424 Views, 1 Reply

Autocrat Electrical and Revit MEP 2011

I am currently working with Autocad Architecture 2011 and have bee for many years. We recently purchased Autodesk Revit MEP 2011 for we are going to need to work with other contractors, engineers and architects on projects thru BIM. I have been working on the Revit program and trying to learn it quickly and efficiently. I attened a meeting and the cadd cowboy said it is easier to work with the electrical work in Autocad them import it into the Revit program. Since I only have Autocad Architecture 2011 and it has no electrical components in it. Should I purchase Autocad Electrical? Would this come with all the symbols, such as: receptacles, fixtures, panels and more (like the families in Revit, in 3d) and would this be compatable with the Revit when I import it in to there. I really need to know a.s.a.p. so I can ge to work on some drawings that will be coming soon.

Thank You,

David Lawson

Bergstrom Electric, Inc.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there.

I think you're better off with Revit MEP, as you you're a part of a BIM project. Revit "is" BIM.

AutoCAD Electrical wouldn't be the correct AutoCAD based solution for you, but rather AutoCAD MEP.

However... If you are going to learn yourself something new anyway, go for Revit MEP.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report