AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad electrical 2015 how tos

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
307 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad electrical 2015 how tos

I have been doing autocad for 14 years, I know some lisp, and feel really confident about my skills.  but I am new to the electrical addition of Autocad and was wondering if anyone knows where I could locate a book, or where some good how to videos are located that ae in english.  lol I have found a bunch in french, and spanish. I am thinking about taking a class on it butr having been out of work for 6 months last year money is tight and trying to get caught back up.  the reason I am asking is the place I am working now has it but is not using it at all.  just the autocad function.  Id like to be able to come in and wow them with the full extent of what it can do.  I have some down time and can do a lot or reading and trial and error 

Autocad Electrical 2015....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jalger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Darryl,

You could get the Acsent book. *you will have to copy and paste the link into your Broswer.* (EDIT: the link wasn't working at first)

http://www.ascented.com/courseware-solutions/autodesk/courseware/autocad-electrical/2015/autocad-ele...

Regards,

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 5
dougmcalexander

You will find very good help and tutorials built into AutoCAD Electrical.  You might also wish to visit the Tips/Tricks page of www.ecadconsultant.com after you learn the basics.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
sonny3g
in reply to: dougmcalexander

There are also some decent videos on AutoCAD Electrical on youtube.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com
Message 5 of 5
drathak

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been doing autocad for 14 years, I know some lisp, and feel really confident about my skills.  but I am new to the electrical addition of Autocad and was wondering if anyone knows where I could locate a book, or where some good how to videos are located that ae in english.  lol I have found a bunch in french, and spanish. I am thinking about taking a class on it butr having been out of work for 6 months last year money is tight and trying to get caught back up.  the reason I am asking is the place I am working now has it but is not using it at all.  just the autocad function.  Id like to be able to come in and wow them with the full extent of what it can do.  I have some down time and can do a lot or reading and trial and error 

Autocad Electrical 2015....

Hi Darryl,

All of the above is good advice.  I would add that you need you need to be prepared for a bit of a learning curve.  I do not doubt your skills and abilities with AutoCAD and LISP and other aspects of using AutoCAD products.  I was and still am confident in mine, but ACADE adds a lot of complexity and asks us to accept some new ways of doing things.  Even the best classes only cover the surface from what I've seen.  I suspect Doug McAlexander gets into the nitty gritty, but we didn't have budget for any further training after the initial round so I've had to rely on his generosity here in the forums many times.

Read all you can, watch all you can, and just play with it.  Until you get down to making your own smart symbols, you don't really understand how everything works together.  But once you get it...  It is so sweet.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost