AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad electrical 2013 Fatal Errors

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
Ian_Hardy
2029 Views, 26 Replies

Autocad electrical 2013 Fatal Errors

Hi,

I am experiencing fatal errors at an alarming frequency. I had originally associated problems with upgrade from 2012 to 2013. As i was about to replace PC i lived with it. Now with new PC and clean install problems are as bad if not worse.

Been working 1 hour this morning and had 3 crashes.

The latest  one detailed below-

Changed to next page and clicked save. Fatal Error Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x75946ee8 exception at 700ec220h. 

This happened 8 times yesterday.

Also after crash when project re opened random drawings in project have corruptions to drawing template - two lines of my border are missing and my company Logo has also vanished. can only be resolved by deleting border purging template tittle block and copying border back in - a real pain when it may affect 10+ pages. 

Getting seriously fed up with 2013 version (although 2012, 2011 2010 all crashed occasionally).

Please Help!!!!

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
dougmcalexander
in reply to: tmbarton

Yes, I suspect your template.  Not much attention is paid to properly creating a template for Electrical in the training courses they teach at dealers.  I spend half of the first day of my admin course having the class create a template that we will use to design our class project the rest of the week.  The template is a fundamental element for proper function of the software and a consistent design environment.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 22 of 27
tmbarton
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Training course?  I can spell that ...

The template has been in use pretty much unmodified for quite a long time though with no problems in earlier versions (well, we skipped from 2010 straight to 2013).  I've audited it and there appears to be no problem.  However I will re-save it as an ACE 2013 template and see if that helps.  However I'd really expect a template that's been perfecly fine for some years to work with a newer version of the code, or at least chuck an error or fail audit.

Regards,

Trevor

Message 23 of 27
dougmcalexander
in reply to: tmbarton

All of my templates, dating back to 1997 still work in version 2013.  They get touched by every release of the software.  But as new features have been added I have modified them to keep pace.  I then save them in a newer format.  I am currently saving to 2010 format.  This is software and any programmer will tell you that no software is 100% compatible with every hardware platform all the time.  Things happen...A hiccup with memory management on the PC, a crash caused by something besides the template, a bad video driver update, and on and on.  The WDDEMO project has issues itself due to the fact that it dates back to the mid 90s and has been used as a "Guinea Pig" for testing every new release since.  I created my own demo projects, IEC, JIC, and NFPA versions so when I demo the software or teach it, I can avoid seeing bogus errors caused by an out-of-date data set.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 24 of 27
tmbarton

A datum that may be useful; I've updated my template by replacing the WD_M block with the latest one from ACE 2013 and saved it again in what is presumably 2013 format (although the Save As gives no version option for templates, unlike drawings).  Then I moved my project and all its drawings aside and re-created the project from scratch, and then recreated all the drawings by making a new drawing in the normal manner with the same name as an old one, copied and pasted the electrical drawing info from the old drawing (ie not the template, just the model-space stuff), and then freshened (actually rebuilt) the project database using the AEREBUILDDB command.  Did this for all the drawings in the project.

I haven't had a crash/drawing corruption since.

Trevor

Message 25 of 27
SeanMacOz
in reply to: Ian_Hardy

Hi

Using AutoCAD Elec 2013 I was getting the same error (pictured below) anywhere up to 30 times a day, losing ridiculous amounts of work in the process.

anothercrash.jpg

The only way to get a stable install was to completely remove 2013, install 2012, and then upgrade to 2013. I've been running this install now for 4 hours and have not had a single crash.

Sure hope this helps someone as I was nearly going mental for all the times it crashed.

System:

i7-3770

32GB

Win7 x64 SP1

SSD

Thanks

Message 26 of 27
mash
in reply to: Ian_Hardy

I'm assuming this is 2D AutoCAD and not Revit ?

Are you working in the negative ? (South West of 0,0)

Message 27 of 27
SeanMacOz

No its AutoCAD Electrical 2013, elec engineers dont need revit much 🙂

Working at all points. Has never made a difference before.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost