AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Electrical Schematic Icon Menu slow to load

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
fgmamf
1403 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad Electrical Schematic Icon Menu slow to load

When I go to the Schematic tab on the ribbon and click to open the icon menu it takes between 1 minute and 45 seconds to 2 minutes to open and about 30 seconds less when opening a folder once the menu is open. I have 3 other work station that do not have this issue and we all access the same files from a network folder all connected to the same enet switch. I have logged into another computer and do not have the issue. When someone else logs onto my computer they have the same problem. When I take my laptop home and run ACE2013 not connected to my work network and access all the files on my local machine the problem goes away. If I they close ACE connect to the company network and restart ACE with my home configuration again the issue returns even though I am setup to access the files on my local hard drive. I have unistalled and had IT go through and clean out the registrey and reinstall and still same issue. I made an edit to the line in the WD.env file to over ride to my lacal menu

************************************************************************************

* Menu & Slide Path

************************************************************************************

WD_MENU,c:/Acad Electrical/libs/AMF Custom Files/ACE_JIC_MENU.dat,to override default schem icon menu

But that does not seem to work ACE will still open the network files if it is connected to the network.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
s.wile
in reply to: fgmamf

Sorry don’t know what would cause such a delay. Possibly you have some other ‘missing’ networked locations that are being searched FIRST. Check your wd.env file for other network paths as well as the AutoCAD Support paths. It may be sitting on a dead link and waiting until the OS times out before moving on.

If you change the wd.env file you still need to update that path in each project. From the project properties find the default menu path, select it, press Default. This will change it to look at your local. The problem with this is all others accessing this project will be looking to their C: until they change it back.

Try right clicking on the network folder containing this menu and “make available offline.” See if that helps. Check for dead file paths as well.

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 4
d.v.veen
in reply to: fgmamf

In our company we have the exact same problem.

At first I thought it had something to do with the amount of custom Icons, which have to be looked up and loaded.

I experimented with slide libraries to minimize loading times, but with no results. I also downsized my icon .png files to under 3kb, no success.

I posted a simular thread on this topic a few days ago :Background color for Slides in Icon Menu

After seeing this post I made sure all Support paths where correct, and they are...

This is the most frustrating and time consuming problem I've come across so far in AutoCAD Electrical 2015.

The draftsmen in our company are complaining a lot and started using AutoCAD Electrical 2012 again.

If someone could please help us, it would be much appreciated.

Message 4 of 4
fgmamf
in reply to: d.v.veen

We never got an answer as to what the real issue was. We remade all the Autodesk supplied icon .png files by opening the schematic symbol and saving the current view as the .png file and the problem went away. You can copy your icon menu to a new name and delete all but a few icons and remake them as a test before you redo the entire menu so see if it fixes your problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost