AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Electrical - Activated project is not showing new drawings

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Blarran
1317 Views, 9 Replies

Autocad Electrical - Activated project is not showing new drawings

I'm trying to follow the Autocad Electrical 2013 tutorial and immediately I'm having problems.

The problem is when I create a new project and new drawing, the project manager does not update the project tree to show the new drawing underneath the activated project. I tried double-clicking the project. Tried clicking the refresh icon. Nothing.

When I open the wdp file, the new drawing does not appear in the file.

I can browse to the project folder and see the new drawing file. If I right click on the project and select "Add Drawings" I can add the new drawing.

Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Blarran

You are clicking New Drawing, defining a new drawing file name, template, etc. and the drawing is created but not added to the project? I have never seen this issue.  Are you running with the latest service packs and hotfixes? Have you tried a repair installation?

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 10
Icemanau

This may be a stupid question, but are you creating the new dwg using the project manager or using the new dwg function in the file menu?

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
dougmcalexander

That's a good point Brad. People coming from plain AutoCAD often try to use plain AutoCAD to create snd manage Electrical drawings. And as you know, only certain AutoCAD functions are usable without breaking the intelligence.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 5 of 10
Blarran
in reply to: dougmcalexander

I am trying to create a new drawing via the Project Manager. I right-click on the project folder inside the Project manager and then select "New Drawing". The new drawing does not appear in the project manager. When I view the wdp file, the file is missing. When I open the project folder using Explorer I can see the new drawing.

I tried to repair the installation but the behavior is the same. Another user at my company has same version (new install) and is not experiencing this behavior.

Message 6 of 10
pqphillips

Have you tried closing and reopening the project file?

Perhaps purging the project database to see if that is the issue?

Message 7 of 10
zalant
in reply to: pqphillips

• Is your co-working using the same project as you?
  • Is the project stored in a network location or on your local workstation?

To determine whether the issue is tied to any specific project, try activating the default WDDEMO project and see if adding a drawing to it works.  If so, copy the WDDEMO's project folder to where you have the other project stored, then re-open it (WDDEMO) from there and see if you can still add a new drawing to it.

Zac Travis
Message 8 of 10
moeaung31
in reply to: zalant

I also got the same issue. After making New Drawing from Project manager (ACADE 2014) but doesn't show in Project. Rebuild full DB and ACADE close and open again but the same issue. Can not see new drawing in Project files folder. Also not showing in project.wdp. 

When I used new drawing again by same name doesn't allow.

Moe

Message 9 of 10
dougmcalexander

Just to clarify, you are using the New Drawing command that is the 3rd icon from the left in Project Manager, right? This opens a dialog that begins with filename, then you select a template, fill in the drawing description fields, etc., and click OK. This adds the new drawing to the active project. I've never had a problem with adding a new drawing so this is interesting.

Doug McAlexander

Message 10 of 10
moeaung31
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Sorry my apology. I put file name with :  .After I try just a name without : it works. Thanks for prompt assistance.

Moe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost