AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Electrical 2014 Trial install error

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
MGAutomation
1828 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad Electrical 2014 Trial install error

Installation errors occurred on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hello,      

From your Log, it is because the download have some problem, would you please help to do a install again? Make sure your network is ok with no problem.  

============================

2013/5/10:11:42:23 Michael Graham MICHAELGRAHAM Download Play ACADE http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/ACAD_E/WI/{9A152BEA-A63E-47E2-8156-96CEA86423A3}/ACADE_x64... 2013/5/10:12:19:52 Michael Graham MICHAELGRAHAM Download Error ACADE <B>Connection has expired.</B>Please Install Now again from the Autodesk website.  http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/ACAD_E/WI/{9A152BEA-A63E-47E2-8156-96CEA86423A3}/ACADE_x64... 2013/5/10:12:19:56 Michael Graham MICHAELGRAHAM Download Aborted ACADE http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET3/2014/ACAD_E/WI/{9A152BEA-A63E-47E2-8156-96CEA86423A3}/ACADE_x64... 2013/5/10:12:19:56 Michael Graham MICHAELGRAHAM Install Autodesk® AutoCAD® Electrical 2014 Failed Download Failed, Installation aborted, Result=1603

=====================================

Thanks,

Robin Shou  

Quality Assurance  

AutoCAD Electrical  

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 11
algerj
in reply to: MGAutomation

Hi Michael,

The Product Failed at the Direct X portion.

(it always gives a failed download message for it when it fails to install the direct x, even though it might not be the download). 

Try installing the "direct x" from the downloaded media, then run the installation again.

The setup file for direct x is in a folder called "3rd party", after that look for the Directx file folder.

Use the "DXsetup" one that's the latest one that is required... they store the old ones in there as well.

Regards,

James Alger

Message 4 of 11
Fallador

I'm getting the same DirectX error. I can't find the referenced folders. I have administrator privileges on the 2 different machines on 2 different networks on which I have tried to download and failed. I'm running Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Update says I am up to date.

I'd really like to test this product to see if it can save me time. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Message 5 of 11
algerj
in reply to: Fallador

Hi Jim,

I just happen to have the files installed on my c:drive, the location of the DirectX file folder is below:

C:\Autodesk\Autodesk_PRDSU_2014_Enu_Win_64bit_dlm\3rdParty\DirectX

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Message 6 of 11
Fallador
in reply to: algerj

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth it looks like it is going to work.

I found the DirectX setup at C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2014\3rdParty\DirectX on my machine.

I ran the executable installed DirectX successfully.

I downloaded the install program locally. At completion of that download I selected Open Folder and ran the executable.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

Message 7 of 11
DCBURG3R

I am having similar issues , My log file is attached and if someone could take a look at it for me that would be great. Luckily I downloaded the offline installer , ( 5 GB every time it fails would destroy my data setup) . thanks for any help . (mine is CAD 2015 though)

*I have tried the DirX manual install. 

*I am using Win7 Pro x64 

Message 8 of 11
jalger
in reply to: DCBURG3R

Hi DCBURG3R,

Your issue is different, the installation fails when installing the BIM GLUE 360 add-on for AutoCAD 2015.

Simply Remove the AutoCAD BIM 360 Addon in the control panel then try the installation again.

Most of the time the Addon is updated in an earlier version which causes issues when installing (Autodesk 360 also can cause this Issue).

If you still have issues after that post the new log and I'll see if I can find any other issue.

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 9 of 11
DCBURG3R
in reply to: jalger

Ok thanks ! im testing it at the moment , ill report back if any further problems occur.
Message 10 of 11
DCBURG3R
in reply to: jalger

The CAD BIM is what caused the problem for me , thanks for the help! all is working now ,
Message 11 of 11
jalger
in reply to: DCBURG3R

Glad to hear that.

Just post if you have any other issues.

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost