AutoCAD Electrical General

Message 1 of 4 (217 Views)

AutoCAd Electrical 2007 Circuit Builder

217 Views, 3 Replies
03-14-2012 02:03 PM

I have AutoCad Electrical 2007 and I lost the CIRCUIT BUILDER info. The icon is there but it asks me to Insert WBlocked Circuit and sends me to that directory. Any idea where the directory for the INSERT CIRCUIT is located?

*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 2 of 4 (202 Views)

Re: AutoCAd Electrical 2007 Circuit Builder

03-16-2012 12:58 AM in reply to: thecap59

HI.

I'm not sure what you're asking about here.

As far as I know, the Circuit Builder was a new feature in AutoCAD Electrical 2009. So.. that it's missing in 2007 is kind of like it should be?

THL
Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)
*Expert Elite*
Message 3 of 4 (198 Views)

03-16-2012 10:00 AM in reply to: thecap59

There is no Circuit Builder in AutoCAD Electrical version 2007.  That feature was introduced in version 2010.  You can Save and Insert Saved Circuits using version 2007.  The default folder for Saved Circuits is the User sub-folder.  You can insert circuits by finding their .DWG file using the Insert WBlocked Circuit command or by clicking the circuit icon you added to the menu when you saved the circuit.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Message 4 of 4 (182 Views)

03-19-2012 06:11 AM in reply to: thecap59

When I click the INSERT CIRCUIT icon, I get the Insert WBlock Circuit. I also have an icon for that. I'm saying when I click the INSERT CIRCUIT icon it should call up the CIRCUIT SELECTION directory (it has 3ph Motor Circuit, 3ph Power Feed, 1ph Motor Circuit etc.) that allows me to bulid a circuit from scratch. I know it used to do that. I noticed there's a directory it calls for but I cannot find that directory.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community