AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD to AutoCAD Electrical

42 REPLIES 42
Message 1 of 43
Justin2012
1270 Views, 42 Replies

AutoCAD to AutoCAD Electrical

My company will be transfering from AutoCAD to AutoCAD Electrical.

We currently have over 1000 part #s with their respective MFG & CAT that I will like to incorporate. Can someone tell me the best approach to transition these part #s from AutoCAD Electrical?

Your response is highly Appreciated.

Justin

42 REPLIES 42
Message 41 of 43
algerj
in reply to: Justin2012

Hi Justin,

The Scratch Database is used for Reports. 

Every report that is created (schematic or panel) uses the Scratch database to generate it.

It stores everything about the project and also allows you to task items. (it stores the tasks in the scratch database until it has access to the files.)

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD 

Message 42 of 43
testsubject
in reply to: algerj

The scratch database is how ACE keeps track of everything. It is used every time you do a cross reference. You may notice how sometimes you do something to a component and it does no change a connected component i.e., parent /child references) until you do a save (especially if you have used the Enhanced Attribute Editor instead of Edit Component). The save initiates a refresh of the scratch database.

If you find that the project is acting kind of wonky, we often suggest closing the project, delete the scratch database, and then re-open the project to re-create the scratch database. This refreshes the database and gets rid of any leftover items that may have not deleted cleanly.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 43 of 43
algerj
in reply to: algerj

Thanks Bob,

I couldn't have stated it more clearly.The scratch database stores and controls everything in a project.

I just didn't want to confuse Justin by giving too much info. ( his question was dealing with reports).

He really doesn't need to do anything to the scratch database unless he starts seeing errors.

That said, I guess I shouldn't focus on the reports aspect as that is only part of what it does.

Regards,

James Alger

SolidCAD 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost