AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD stalling after trying to run Title Block Update/Plot Project/etc

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mike.auen
345 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD stalling after trying to run Title Block Update/Plot Project/etc

I am running AutoCAD electrical 2013, and current am expierencing an issue where AutoCAD will stall or wait after I try to run any project wide related command (Title Block Update/Plot Project/Drawing List/etc). After turning on the command trace, and MDB command trace, the command window is consistantly stalling/waiting when the following command is displayed:

IN:wd_proj_dwgdsplst
OUT:wd_proj_dwgdsplst

This stall occurs with all of the projects that I am working on, thus it does not seem to be project related. Any insight or fix for this issue would be greatly appriciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello,      

Have you made the command prompt on the fly in the command line? if not, please input the CLIPROMPTUPDATE in the commandline, and set the value to 1, then run the project wide related command, then you will see the command is running and there is prompt in the command line, and see if everything is ok after the command is finished.

If the problem is still there after you do such change, please email me your project, we will have a look at your project and see what is the problem. My email is zhonghua.shou@autodesk.com

And also have a try for the project wide command for the default WDDEMO or IECDEMO, check if the issue also happens for the default projects in ACE2013.

Thanks,   

Robin Shou   

Quality Assurance   

AutoCAD Electrical   

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4

I noticed how to fix this on another post. I have pasted the reply to the other post below with the solution for this. Thanks.

SOLUTION FROM OTHER POST:
From your descriptions, and from another recent Support case that I just closed, it very much sounds like the dialog box 'Select Drawings To Process' is opening, but off the screen.  You can tell whether or not this is the case if you can press ESC and get back working in the program again.  If indeed that is the problem, here is how to retrieve that wayward dialog window:

1. Issue any command which would invoke the 'Select Drawings To Process' dialog
  2. Once everything else greys out, press the combination of the ALT key and the Spacebar together
  3. Press the 'M' key
  4. Press any of the four direction arrow keys (the grouping between the 10-key and the other keys on a traditional desktop keyboard)
  5. Move the mouse around

At step 5, you should see the dialog moving with the mouse.  Park it anywhere you'd like and that should do it.  

Message 4 of 4

Hello,     

Very glad that you have resolved the issue, and thanks for sharing the solution.

Thanks,  

Robin Shou  

Quality Assurance  

AutoCAD Electrical  

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost