AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD is restricted to One-line diagrams of Electrical Dist. systems only?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rg5f9
1743 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD is restricted to One-line diagrams of Electrical Dist. systems only?

Hello everyone,

Newbie here! I wonder does AutoCAD is restricted to draw One-line diagrams of Electrical distribution systems only? I have started learning AutoCAD today and I didn't find any transformer rated with high voltages (in the order of 18kV/ 345kV) or any generator with 18kV. So I am confused whether we can draw Electrical transmission systems' one-line diagram or not! Please help me out...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: rg5f9

In my experience, the blocks for generators/transformers and such doesn't change. The same symbols are used for a 240V/12V as for a 110V/11kV or a 18kV/345kV transformer. This is especially true for single line diagrams.

In a SLD, the generaly accepted symbols for transformers are as follows.

Two intersecting circles, with either a Delta or a Star symbol in the correct places for three phase, single winding.

Three intersecting circles with either a Delta or Star symbol for 3 phase dual winding.

Two intersecting circles for single phase (no symbols)

Three intersecting circles for single phase with dual winding.

Occasianally you will get an arrow or similar going through one of the circles which indicates a variable output.

There may be some other symbols used  but these are the most common.

Generators are usually a circly with a 'G' inside it along with an indicator for single or 3 phase.

As for letting people know what voltages/current are required, all you need to do is set the rating in the Edit Component dialog box and this information will be displayed next to the block.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost