AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD electrical in Utilities Industry

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
176 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD electrical in Utilities Industry

I work for a power company and was wondering what users who work in the Power Utility Industry think of ACAD E? We use ACAD2004, pretty much vanilla. I've looked at the demo a bit but need to finish going through the demo and review how ACAD E would fit into how we do things here. J. Logan
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
bandit
in reply to: Anonymous

plan on at least 3months to get the hand of their Method to their Madness with this software package.......since you can noit buy a book for the darn thing

GOOD LUCK
Message 3 of 7
rstein

Maybe you could post a couple of drawings so that we could have a better Idea of what your documentation would look like.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Do you work for a Power Utility? If so what do you think of the software? As I see it (when viewing the demo) the program looks like it has all the bells and whistles we would use. However, it also looks like there might be some serious customizing having to be done to match our specific standard. Not that I know alot about our standard compared to an industry standard. For all I know we use the industry standard. I come from the A&E world so I'm learning a whole new ball of wax. I was hoping I could get some input from several people in the power utitlies industry who use ACADE "bandit" wrote in message news:32699889.1086119025033.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > plan on at least 3months to get the hand of their Method to their Madness with this software package.......since you can noit buy a book for the darn thing > > > GOOD LUCK
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I've posted three drawings to the customer files NG with the subject line Utilities dwgs. They aren't from the same project but from a test folder I run. They at least show 3 of our typical drawing layouts in a project. J. Logan "RobStein" wrote in message news:1623614.1086119774838.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Maybe you could post a couple of drawings so that we could have a better Idea of what your documentation would look like.
Message 6 of 7
testsubject

J. Logan,

I just took a look at the drawings you posted. I do not see any reason why you would not benefit from ACE. You will have to make some custom symbols, but that is not a big deal. You will definitely benefit from being able to connect all the components together and have them auto-break wiring when inserted. This just is not a traditional 2 rung ladder diagram. What you posted should not be a problem. You would make all the interconnects after inserting the components.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1997

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 7 of 7
rstein

I agree with Robert, this should not be a problem with AutoCAD Electrical.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost