AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD ecscad - Forum?

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
ThomasWeber2200
3784 Views, 18 Replies

AutoCAD ecscad - Forum?

Hello,

I´m new here, and i have to ask, why dont you have an AutoCAD ecscad-Forum here?

Because electrical and ecscad are different programs.

Best regards,

T. Weber

Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

ecscad is not officially sold or supported in the U.S.  I provide training and implementation support for ecscad to assist customers who happen to have acquired it via other means, like a parent company in Europe.  I've used it since its DOS and Unix days before it was ported over to AutoCAD.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 19
RePao
in reply to: dougmcalexander

and whats the mather for a separte for ecscad people's?? All other Ideas make no sense to me!

Otherwise have to life longer without so many adsk feedback in this one: http://goo.gl/eFyub 

e good week start for all D-A-CH Electrical Engineeris too Smiley LOL

stay tuned &
Greetings from Switzerland
Tags (2)
Message 4 of 19
RePao
in reply to: ThomasWeber2200

once again,

where can we find the Autodesk AutoCAD ecscad Forum?

stay tuned &
Tags (2)
Message 5 of 19
RePao

sounds to me, like the forums are only for us users!? Smiley Frustrated

stay tuned &
Tags (2)
Message 6 of 19
algerj

Hi Guys,

I don't think there is a Specific Ecscad Forum yet.

That said there is a blog page http://autodesk.typepad.com/systemsdesign/autocad-ecscad/

That you can post on and ask questions.

We will have to wait and see if a new forum is created.

Regards,

James Alger 

Message 7 of 19
RePao

... and here we can find also some things,

http://mfgtechnews.typepad.com/.services/blog/6a014e895179d5970d014e89fe5400970d/search?filter.q=ecs...

but whats the matter to become a own forum for ecscad?

stay tuned &
Tags (2)
Message 8 of 19
leeholl
in reply to: RePao

Both ACADE and ecscad are developed by the same product line group, and while different products, the industries are the same, so for the immediate future, I recommend that we use this forum to engage in discussions for both products. We can reevaluate that as we see the ecscad volume.

Putting ecscad in the subject line will make it easier to filter. Of course the German site that Rene pointed out looks like a good place to go for German speaking customers too.

Regards,

Lee

Message 9 of 19
RePao
in reply to: leeholl

The Market, Industries, Requirements AND the custommers are frequently slightly different 😉

However, thanks for your responding and of corse we will give again a chance for that...

Otherwise the ecscad Users will still be active on cad.de.

Where they can get aslo a attraktv overview and lot of news of market enviroment like dassault, PTC , solid

stay tuned &
Tags (2)
Message 10 of 19
PLM3003

All Autodesk products have an own discussion group. Only AutoCAD ecscad not. Why? Is AutoCAD ecscad inferior to AutoCAD Electrical? 

By the way: no AutoCAD ecscad on autodesk.com. Why? 

- PLM3000

Message 11 of 19
ThomasWeber2200
in reply to: PLM3003

I´m very shoked how AutoCAD ecscad is neglected at Autodesk.

Is ecscad an unloved child?

Message 12 of 19
algerj

Actually not all products have there own Forum.

There are 200 + Autodesk Products and maybe 90 Discussion Groups (Some Groups have additional Group to help focus the discussions like the Inventor ilogic group).

If Ecscad did get a forum it would be a sub forum for the Electrical Group.

Ecscad is not inferior to AutoCAD Electrical.

It just has a different market that doesn't show a high volume of network traffic. (Its native language is German)

In other words if you want your own forum, Keep posting Questions in the AutoCAD Electrical Forum and you will likely see one created.

As for not seeing it on the Autodesk website it is there but its is Buried.

http://www.autodesk.de/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=403786&id=15830531

Its only on the German Autodesk website (they divide all the countries into there own Websites so you can see what products are available in your country.)

Not sure why Ecscad is not on any English speaking page, I though you could get it in the UK.

(I'm in Canada so I focus on ACADE anyway).

I hope this helps,

James Alger

Message 13 of 19
PLM3003
in reply to: algerj

Yes. As far as I know AutoCAD ecscad is available in whole Europe. And I got the information that some customers use it also outside Europe. It is funny that Autodesk assumes that everyone in the world can read German and therefore there is no need for an English AutoCAD ecscad web site.

- PLM3003

Message 14 of 19
leeholl

Thanks for the feedback Karl and Rene. For the foreseeable future there won't be a separate ecscad forum. Feel free to post your ecscad questions here and if possible, peers and others will respond. The German web site Rene highlighted seems to have a strong following of ecscad users. Drop me an email if you want to discuss this some more.

Regards,

Lee

Message 15 of 19
RePao
in reply to: leeholl

Thanks leholl!

Sad answer, but ist a answer!

In Europe is expected to every decision also have a reason! And sorry to say that, i cant read any really reason. 

With the only exception that Autodesk does not will that! And as we all can read, in my opinion, the language is not the point off a decision!

No own forum for this product (in Europe supposedly 20,000 licenses!) is really bad, but it fits the overall impression!
Hopefully the customers, which each year fund subscription and which we think would make more credible with all the potential like all other Autodesk products, hopefully in such discussions interpret anything wrong!

Keep in mind that there are also big companies witch use the product worlwide too (and allowed!)

They expected course, as for everything else as well, a englishe platform.
That now everything is also offered in German for the Product Electrical points that it works if they really want! (better Lobbiests) Who will understand that?

The two products to satisfy different needs and certainly it would be well for the benefit if the European views / questions / concerns on a U.S. platform can be exchanged. That would certainly help even the Autodesk internal perception on this product!

Ouch: There are also customers in the French and Italian-speaking Regions, has they alos have to pay Subscriptions... Smiley Wink

stay tuned &
Message 16 of 19

I am baffled by all this discussion about discussing ecscad. ecscad has been sold across Europe by one name or another since the 90s. It has been a beloved favorite for many users. Obviously someon has supported it, usually the dealer who sells it. Training is available from many dealers. I highly recommend proper training for this type of software. A discussion forum is not a substitute for proper training. A discussion forum can supplement training. The capabilities of software such as AutoCAD Electrical and ecscad are vast, such that most users only tap into a fraction of the power until properly trained. Trying to learn the software by asking one question at a time on a forum is not productive. Proper training will yield such benefits that the cost of the software and the training is returned many times over.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 17 of 19
RePao

absolutely agree, but that's not the point ...
It's all about that ecscad has somehow found little acceptance in the last five years, even internally Autodesk's annoying not only the consumer but also the dealers who always have to listen to it on ecscad at Autodesk barely usable, then there's current info. Even more now that offer every support request gets to the note in the ticket reply that in the Autodesk forums faster and better help can be expected! Furthermore, it is also mentioned in the subscription information that consumers claim to provide direct support in the Autodesk forums have where you just unfortunately can not find a forum for ecscad 😞

... and please do not take it amiss, but ecscad issues between electrical LISP solutions is definitely not the right approach!
... and it really is not that we do not already have tried a lot to get to Autodesk internal paths to a solution to this Thread ...

but so it is, different views, even in these point!

so, and now we use this forum for what it is intended Smiley Happy

kindly Regards

René Paolozzi

tinline.ch

stay tuned &
Tags (2)
Message 18 of 19

These are simply forums for customers to share ideas, one to another. Autodesk happens to host these for us but any interested users could host a forum. I do know that ecscad was originally intended for sales in Europe and predominantly Germany, where it originates. Other countries usually have users because of a parent company in Germany or some other European country where ecscad might have found its way.

I use and teach ecscad and it has worked well for me so I have not felt that it gets any less attention than AutoCAD Electrical. But if you need support in another language consider switching to AutoCAD Electrical. It is available for many languages. Three more were added to version 2014, and it already covered many languages, from Spanish to Russian to Chinese and Japanese and more. Language translation is quite powerful in AutoCAD Electrical. It also easily switches projects back and forth between IEC and North American standards, so you can sell your equipment almost anywhere.

If you prefer ecscad why not consider hosting your own blog? But as Lee mentioned you can always post questions or ideas here on the AutoCAD Electrical forum where there are those of us who use both programs.

Doug McAlexander

Message 19 of 19
PLM3003

Hi Doug,

just for your information (you know it already): no other Autodesk product has such a good language support - you can switch the language of the user interface on the fly - without installing a language pack or restarting AutoCAD ecscad. And the language support for the schematics is better than in ACADE. As many languages as you want; up to three different languages in a project; with one click you can change the language(s). And no mess of languages texts as it can happen in AutoCAD Electrical. No other product is better suitable for international use.

- PLM3003

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost