AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical, Contractor Symbol ?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
amason88
9674 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical, Contractor Symbol ?

Hi All,

Ive been searching the net for this for hours now and im just wondering if im being stupid in thinking there is a AutoCAD Electrical symbol for a 3 phase contactor or do you have to put 3 seperate contacts in and parent them to a contactor coil?

I'm running AutoCAD Electrical 2011.

I hope im not being stupid and the anwser is in front of me.

If anyone can help ive appreciate it.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Nata_ly
in reply to: amason88

Hi!

Is it in a Motor Control menu?

Message 3 of 8
amason88
in reply to: Nata_ly

There's one called motor start 3 pole, but i was always led to believe it was a different symbol than the one shown on that? 

Message 4 of 8
dougmcalexander

Contactors and motor starters are used interchangeably.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 8
testsubject

That is the one to use for a motor contactor (3 Phase Starter Contacts NO). It is built dynamically from 3 NO/ contacts (HMS21) and then joined with a link line.Then you add the Starter coil as a parent and link it to the contacts.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 6 of 8
amason88
in reply to: testsubject

Thanks alot guys, im all sorted now.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
RePao

We are working with AutoCAD ecscad in D-A-CH and there of course exist symbols like MAINCONTAKTS with 3 NO in one Block. I'am not really sure, but I mean that in electrical you can only place 3 single NO to one, (hide DID and so on, will be useful) Regards Ren?

stay tuned &
Greetings from Switzerland
Message 8 of 8
dougmcalexander
in reply to: RePao

I use ecscad and AutoCAD Electrical.  The difference is that with ecscad, just like all other electrical CAD software, you must create a symbol for 1 contact, 2 contact, 3 contact, etc.  AutoCAD Electrical builds the contacts dynamically by inserting multiple 1 pole contacts and combining them with a dashed link line to indicate they are activated together by the same coil, button, or selector. This method allows the software to insert the symbol across any wire spacing.  If you wish to add a 4th contact, go to the menu for that type of symbol and look for a 2nd+ or 2+ type of symbol.  This is used to add additional contacts to an existing symbol.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost