AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2015 Unknown command...

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
DBrohm
3855 Views, 22 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2015 Unknown command...

I’ve just installed AutoCAD Electrical 2015 have configured the Ribbon to my liking; changed the display order, not the actual commands per se.

That is the only “change” that I have made to the software and the Electrical portion of Acad Elect 2015 that I have made any changes to the package.  I am finding that the electrical portion of Acad Elect 2015 does not work; as examples see the following;

1. Unknown command "AECOMPONENT".  Press F1 for help.
  2. Unknown command "AEEDITCOMPONENT".  Press F1 for help.
  3. Unknown command "AEPREV".  Press F1 for help.
  4. Unknown command "AENEXT".  Press F1 for help.
  5. Unknown command "AEWIRE".  Press F1 for help.
  6. Unknown command "AEEDITWIRENO".  Press F1 for help.

Any thoughts as to why???

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
vladop
in reply to: DBrohm

I have the same problem.

You can reset settings to factory default (see attachment).

I use custom profile, cui, default_cat.mdb, library, wd.env.... and I will try to find which one causes this.

Vladimir

Message 3 of 23
mslusser

2014 Did the same thing to me everytime i rebooted or logged on. They told me it must be either of these 3 things.

1. corrupt download (I had the disk BTW)

2. Insuffiecent admin privileges with your login.

3. Something wrong with you installation of Windows 7.

Needless to say I Stayed on 2013 that had no problem like this.

Message 4 of 23
mathalekar

It appears that the necessary files are not loaded due to which this issue showing up at your end. We need to know what kind of changes you made to ACADE 2015 which causes this behavior. Was with the same changed setting working perfectly in ACADE 2014 at your end ? Can you send your modified CUI files. My email address is mayuresh.athalekar@autodesk.com

We will further investigate this case and apprecriate if you can send us more precise details.

Thanks !

Message 5 of 23
vladop

It's SDI=1 mode.

I started to add my default_cat.mdb, footprint_lookup.mdb, wd.env.... and nothing happened.

I didn't change profile and cui file.

Than I changed SDI to 1 and restarted ACADE. After that, if I try to open file from Project manager I get error shown in the attachment.

I can open drawing using Open icon in the Quick Access Toolbar, but when I click any ACE command it says "Unknown command".

Vladimir

Message 6 of 23
mathalekar
in reply to: vladop

I can reproduce this case with SDI=1. We have registered this case at our end. Workaround is to use it in default SDI=0 mode with enhanced feature new tab page enabled.

Message 7 of 23
mathalekar
in reply to: vladop

If you still want to use SDI:

Set STARTUP to 0 (Disable new tab page)

With this workaround, the crash and ACE module loading issue are both gone.

ACE still supports SDI, it only has problem with SDI AND Newtab page on during loading.

Message 8 of 23
vladop
in reply to: mathalekar

Thank you for quick response

Vladimir

Message 9 of 23
DBrohm

Good Morning...  I had hoped to verify this on my computer last night but unfortunately time was not on my side.  Having "said" that based on information, and feedback, supplied my verification almost seems moot, but best to be certain.  My sincere appreciation to both Mathalekar and Vladop for their swift assistance; this is what community is all about.

I will do my best to verify the solution tonight and advise.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Message 10 of 23
DBrohm

I can confirm that it was a result of a SDI and the Startup system variable "conflict".  Followed Mathalekar's suggestions and all works as expected.  There are other setup "issues" I need to deal with however, well on my way.  Good start, though, to have commands working again.

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Message 11 of 23
GARYBARNES2111

I experienced this problem.

This is absolutely ridiculous!

I work as a freelancer and I am forced to pay an extortionate amount of money in subscriptions to AutoDesk, and it is not unreasonable to expect to receive a working product.

The command to add a wire not working in and electrical drafting product?!! Are you insane?!!!

Every 'glitch' costs me time and money. And we never get the long-standing issues resolved. I mean, has anyone at AutDesk ever tried to bottom-left justify a block attribute?

AutoDesk has the WORST PRODUCT SUPPORT IN THE WORLD.

Message 12 of 23
SeedyNotions

I just downloaded ACADE 2015, Win 7, 64-Bit. I All I added was SP1, my toolbar from 2012, and a new Acaddoc.lsp to do some simple setup. Opened up the demo.wdp to get my bearings and low and behold no AENEXT. Definitely not cool.

Message 13 of 23
jalger
in reply to: SeedyNotions

An Unkown Command is usually associated with a bad CUI file. (or a bad Support path)

Did you Migrate the CUI before copying it into 2015?

Classic mode is being phased out... so I would dump the toolbars for the Ribbon.

I'm betting the issues are stemming from the Toolbars.

To test that switch to the default Workspace  to "ACADE & 2D Drafting and Annonation", then activate your Project and Try again.

For the Lisp file:

The .lsp files MUST reside in the "Trusted Locations" to run properly.

*Besure you have the right "Acaddoc.lsp" file There are versions out there that are viruses.

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 14 of 23
Icemanau
in reply to: jalger

You may like the ribbon, but a lot of us older users hate it.

I've found it takes me 4-5 times as long to find and start a function using the ribbon than using the toolbars and menus.

To me, the ribbon is clunky, has to much overhead in terms of resources used and slows down my workflow.

I turn it off and use toolbars in all software that I can, rather than use them.

I have the toolbars turned on and the ribbon off in ACADE 2015 and have had no problems with running the program and my speed has increased in what I'm doing.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 15 of 23
jalger
in reply to: Icemanau

Hi Brad,

You stated:

"You may like the ribbon, but a lot of us older users hate it."

First off, To each their Own.

I Hate the toolbars with the same passion you love them.

The reason I hate them is beacuse I do support, nothing is worse then spending 20 minutes to find a little 4mmx4mm icon.

To take care of a 2 minute issue with a command. (half the time people who made the toolbar sea can't find there own commands)

Atleast with the ribbon I can usually Find a command quickly, and I can SEE the Icons with screen viewing software.

"To me, the ribbon is clunky, has to much overhead in terms of resources used and slows down my workflow."

The ribbon is a resource hog (It uses more RAM) so I see your point if your working on an older machine or a 32 bit machine.

Clunky? well no I don't see what your taking about the ribbon runs smooth and has for a few releases now.

It slows down your workflow since you don't know where the commands are... Same arguement I have... but the ribbon is more standardized so its easy to find things...

The Toolbar sea that flows from the left side to the top to the right side with 18 extra tools bars that are never used, is really hard to learn , and made worse by the fact its almost never the same from computer to computer.

"I've found it takes me 4-5 times as long to find and start a function using the ribbon than using the toolbars and menus."

Really? I know that was an issue when they switched over to the ribbon in 2009 and 2010, but it seems to run just as quick either way.

(as long as you don't mix toolbars and ribbons together).

I have 2013, 2014, and 2015 and my ribbons run just as well as (or better than) toolbars in all 3 releases.

Regards,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 16 of 23
SeedyNotions

So basically, every CAD user should use the blanket ribbon, instead of toolbars; to make YOUR job easier?! I think not. I've heard the threats about losing toolbars for at least 7 years and every year I get them back. I guess sales numbers DO matter to Autodesk.
Message 17 of 23
jalger
in reply to: SeedyNotions

Well Seedynotations,

You stated:

"So basically, every CAD user should use the blanket ribbon, instead of toolbars; to make YOUR job easier?"

No,  But on the same point I DON'T have to Help you either to MAKE YOUR JOB EASIER.

I could look at your screen and just say "Nope No Idea, you're on your own".

But I don't usually do that to people. (I make exceptions when people refuse to even try a solution)

I train multiple products as well, and I don't train both interfaces.

That would double the length of a course and make it pretty Useless since the new commands do not get an icon on a toolbar.

(ALSO keep in mind 2015 no longer has classic as a selectable mode, that means autodesk is no longer required to support it)

"I've heard the threats about losing toolbars for at least 7 years and every year I get them back"

Its not a threat; its future plans, Why Support 2 things when its really not necessary?

Example

Why use a Hand crank to power everything when you have car that runs on gas with an alternator? (you Remove the redundant system to make it cheaper, or suppress inflation costs)

They have been telling us for years they are getting rid of it, this is the first year they dropped the classic Mode (you can Still import it) but I'm guessing next year they will pull it out for good. (or at the very least say "use at your own Risk" since it won't be tested)

NO NEW COMMANDS are being ported into Classic Toolbars.

"I guess sales numbers DO matter to Autodesk."

Of course they do, and the number of new users that use the ribbon (And users that adopt the ribbon) are out numbering those that still cling to the Toolbars.

In 2012 when the first tried to dump the Toolbars in the beta there was a huge Back lash... 2015 beta had it ripped out and very few people complained.

There is little point debating it on here, IF's or WHEN's really don't matter at this point since its still out there.

You asked for a Solution to your problem, I gave you an option (Disable the toolbars), you want keep using them go ahead.

I'm only offering Advise, I'm not paid to watch the disscussion group or help out here, I do that on my own.

If your not willing to try what I asked you then thats your bad.

Disabling it was only temporary to see where the issue is stemming from.

Good Luck on your issue, Your on your own.

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 18 of 23
marc

On starting ACE 2015, I get a dialog box with the heading File Loading  - Security Concern which states “An executable file was found outside of the specified trusted locations. What do you want to do?” it then gives you a choice of loading or not loading.

It lists the problematic program as being the Labelmark program which is a program for the Brady BMP71 label printer. This program is designed to work with Autocad to serialize all the label printing needs in one file.  

On starting up the ACE 2014 the same dialog box shows up and if I choose ‘Do Not Load’ or ‘Load’, the program works OK with no problems.

I find with ACE 2015 if I choose ‘Do Not Load’ this program, I get the same error messages that you (DBrohm) have listed. The Application manager then does not work, the icon menu does not work amongst other things.

Resetting settings to default seems to work but as soon as I open a file or click on the icon menu etc, it stops working and gives all the error messages that DBrohm lists.

Message 19 of 23
jalger
in reply to: marc

Hi Marc,

If you have not done so already, Try adding the Exe folder to the trusted locations File path in options.

In options, goto the "Files" Tab, look for Trusted locations, Expand it, then add the path to the exe.

In 2013- 2014 autodesk added the trusted locations folder to prevent a resurgance of the AutoCAD Virus (which was lsp based), and in general to make the program more secure.

let me know if you still have the issue after adding the file to the support path.

Regards,

James

James Alger

Work:
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Message 20 of 23
marc

Hi James,

Thanks very much, that did the trick. It actually starts up better now too.
Before doing that the get started screen was not opening. I appreciate your
help.

Regards

Marc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost