AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2015 Title Block Update Issue

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
zz1rvp
1370 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2015 Title Block Update Issue

Installed AcadE 2015 yesterday, and opened a project created in 2014.  Modified some project descriptions and drawing descriptions, which are mapped to my title block.  Performed a title block update on the active drawing, and not all the attributes were updated.  Well, let me clarify.  I have the same attribute in 2 locations on the title block, and only 1 of them updated.  This happened for each of 2 attributes that have a duplicate on the title block.

I closed 2015, opened the same project/file in 2014, and verified that all instances of each attribute update correctly when a title block update is performed.

Anyone else having this problem?  Did I find a bug with 2015?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
haiqing
in reply to: zz1rvp

Hi zz1rvp,

Is it possible to attach a sample project with a drawing to illustrate the problem you encountered? Along with that, it will be helpful if you can share some information about which attribute is not updated in 2015 but updated in 2014. 

Haiqing Wang
AutoCAD Electrical Team
Message 3 of 9
zz1rvp

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been out of office.

Attached is a drawing, with the related project files and title block mapping file.

On this title block, there are 2 attributes mapped to Project description Line 1, one in the upper left corner of the title block, and the other in the lower right corner of the title block (WD-xxxxx).  Also, 2 attributes are mapped to project description Line 6, under "USED ON" AND "TOOL NAME" in the lower right of the title block.   Also, 2 attributes are mapped to drawing properties Description 2, one at the top center of the title block, and the other in the lower right just above "PRODUCT CODE".  When I modifiy the project descriptions, and perform a title block update, only 1 occurance of each of these attributes will be updated on the title block, and the second occurance is left as it was.  This problem is only occuring in AcadE 2015.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 9
Tee.Dee

I just posted this http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical-General/Title-Block-Update/td-p/4962652 and then found your post.

So yes I am having the same issue also.

Message 5 of 9
haiqing

Hi zz1rvp,

Thanks for your sample project. I can reproduce the problem from my end and add this into our issue system.

Just to confirm with you that if you have used "OK Active Drawing Only" in title block update when you see this problem? 

Currently I can see there is one workaround:

If you have not hit this problem, you can choose to use "OK Project-Wide" in title block update. It should update all the attribute map to same vaule.

If you have already hit this problem (some attribtues are not updated), you may need to change the value you want to update, then trigger "OK Project-Wide" update again to get all attribute updated correctly.

Sorry for the inconvinience caused. Please let me know if you have more questions. 

Haiqing Wang
AutoCAD Electrical Team
Message 6 of 9
zz1rvp

Yes, I was only doing an "Active Drawing Only" title block update.

Thanks for the workaround, and thanks for entering the issue into your system.

Message 7 of 9
Tee.Dee

Is a fix for this being worked on? Getting realy annoying!

Message 8 of 9
haiqing
in reply to: Tee.Dee

Hi Tee.Dee,

Could you please install the latest Service Pack for ACE 2015, this service pack should have the fix for this issue. 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-a...

Haiqing Wang
AutoCAD Electrical Team
Message 9 of 9
Tee.Dee
in reply to: haiqing

Service pack installed, problem fixed, thanks!

What made me think this issue was still there was actually another problem where after renumbering a sheet and doing a title block update, it is holding onto the old value. Restarting autocad fixes the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost