AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2015 Strange issues/bugs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ryteone
328 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2015 Strange issues/bugs

I've been using Electrical 2015 for about a month now (making sure all updates are being installed). I've been using the electrical program for 8 years. In the last week I've started to have the following issues happen:

When I'm editing PLC's schematic, more times than not, I will click on the plc, then right click and click on the edit component it will pop open the help window then open the edit plc module box. I thought maybe it was something to do with having the right click setting set for time sensitive right click so I turned that off (didn't help).

But here is the really annoying bug that is going on. I will click on say a terminal component in the schematic drawing and go down to the attributes and click on list/edit. The list edit box pops up. I close that box when I'm finished. Then I will click on a plc and right click on edit component and what I get is the attribute box (list/edit) not the plc edit box. I click on the cancel box, and the cursor is in selection mode and the command line is saying Select component/cable/location box to EDIT: then I click on the PLC and get the plc edit module box.

The last problem is I use the export to spreadsheet to edit my projects. For some reason when I import the edited spreadsheet back into the project none of the changes show up at all. I've tried different edits and even different imports (whole project, active sheet) without any changes.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any remotely close problems occurring with AutoCAD Electrical 2015.

Scott...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: ryteone

Hi Scott,

Ive tried your workflow and cannot reproduce the issues.  I don't normally click the device before right-clicking to edit though.  The idea is to just hover over the symbol and then right-click, no left click is necessary.  Save a click.  But even if I use your workflow and left-click first, it goes straight to edit as it should.

There were some issues with the right-click "markup" menu in release 2014 but there was a service pack and hotfix for that.  

You might possiblly have an issue with your graphics driver.  I'm having problems running with Hardware Acceleration on using verion 2015.  As long as I keep it off (not neccessary for Electrical anyway) everything is okay.  When I enable hardware acceleration my screen flickers when I try to edit, or even hover over symbols.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
ryteone
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Well I had started to back track and think of what I had installed or
modified since the time frame when the problem started. I had installed a
program that allows you to set up system key short cuts. I uninstalled
that and restarted my machine but it still didn't correct the problem. So
I found some time at lunch now and ran the repair on AutoCAD Electrical
2015 and it seems to have cleared up.

Thanks for the input. So far 2015 has been stable for me, that's why I was
so thrown.

Scott...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost