AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2015 Failing to start after 1 week of use.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
philtur
493 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2015 Failing to start after 1 week of use.

I have been using ACADE 2015 for the past week, with no issues, a couple of random crashes, but nothing major. This morning, it has been problematic. On startup, there was a network issue which caused the drives to be unavailable when I started it. This meant that it opened with now projects open. This caused a 'Unhandled Error'. It allowed me to open 1 project, which I was able to work on, then when I opened a second project, It gave an Unhandled error, then a Fatal Error, and crashed. Now on opening, it gives the following 2 screens, then crashes.

I need a quick response for this before I bin it.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mathalekar
in reply to: philtur

Hello Phil,

Just looking through the Crash reports that you have submitted to us points to a microsoft module MSVCP110 and none of electrical module. I am unsure of the reason for now but i suggest you to turn off hardware acceleration from AutoCAD Electrical for now and see if crashes go away. These crashes could be related to graphic drivers, that's my primary guess.

However we shall investigate the crash reports to see if we can come across the root cause of the issue.

Message 3 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: mathalekar

I recently had a laptop that crashed as soon as ACE 2015 was loaded. Turns out it was the NVidia driver and Hardware Acceleration. After setting the video to integrated graphics and turning off HA, the problem went away.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 5
mathalekar

Hello Phil,

We require your assistance to send us WD.ENV & LastProj.fil (located at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\Acade\UserDataCache\en-US\Electrical\User) files to us for more investigation.

If you do not want to post it on forum, please send us the files to official email id mayuresh.athalekar@autodesk.com

Message 5 of 5
philtur

Just reinstalled for the second time today. It will start from a fresh installation, but if it crashes, or, I close it, it will not restart. I have turned off Hardware Acceleration, will see how that goes.

Thanks,

Phil

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost