AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2014 FATAL ERROR

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cody560
451 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2014 FATAL ERROR

Hey everybody. Recently started getting this error and with everything that I've tried to do to fix the problem, I haven't moved a single step forward. The problem that I'm running into is that whenever I open AutoCAD I get a message saying "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0040 Exception at e364e745h". I am running Windows 7 Professional, Intel i7-4800MQ CPU, 8GB RAM, and an AMD Radeon HD 8790M graphics card. I have tried repairing my install, reinstalling AutoCAD, uninstalling and reinstalling AutoCAD, removing ALL AutoCAD products and reinstalling them, and finally running the "Uninstall Tool" which should have removed everything, then reinstalled everything. I'm simply at a loss after this. Can anyone offer any help?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bhaaland
in reply to: cody560

Have you tried to unplug all USB devices and check ?

Message 3 of 6
cody560
in reply to: bhaaland

There are no devices plugged in and I still get the error.
Message 4 of 6
bhaaland

Have you recently installed any new software/drivers ?

Message 5 of 6
cody560

Ok I believe I figured out the issue. I had a corrupt user account.

Message 6 of 6
jalger

Hi Cody,

In addition to recreating the user profile, try disabling "Autodesk 360" if you do not have an account.

(it will sync with nothing and likely lead to further corruption of the User profile).

regards,

James  

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost