AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 with ERP system

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
387 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 with ERP system

We are migrating over to AutoCAD 2013 Electircal, ERP system (Epicore) and using ProFile as the file storage from standard AutoCad with hand created BOM's. With being a custom machine builder, some items have a long lead time that need to be ordered earlier then the entire drawing package is done. By what I am being told, I will have to create a BOM for long lead items in AutoCAD 2013 to then upload into Profile to push over to Epicor. Our plan is to go with BOM's for each OP station/enclosure, but what I have tried has led to possible double ordering of the part since i would put in the panel drawing to show the part. I have tried to list qty as 0 but it then shows up as 0. The idea is not to manual edit the BOM after it is created. Am I overthinking process? 

Jason

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ccad2509
in reply to: Anonymous

different issue but maybe the answer for you

my problem was we have a lot of free issue equipment from our clients

so i set a user attribute as a free issue item  yes / no

then our boms were exported out as an excel spreadsheet and then just filter out our free issue equipment

same approach should work for long lead items

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I could see where this could help, but directive from higher ups don't want us to manually manipulate the BOM.

Jason

Message 4 of 4
ccad2509

then solution is to turn the problem on its head

if you cant modify the data coming out of acade then the erp system must have a function where you can filter the data arriving

same solution applies the erp system then looks for a column in the data with long lead time information and sorts it as required

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost