AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JavZaMa
2001 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 issue

• When I am working with ACADE 2013 (Product Design Suite Ultimate), I try to insert Footprint (Schematic List), ACADE 2013 does not work, it stay freeze, any command does not works, I want to know if there is an Service Pack or Actualization for this Suite or only for ACADE 2013
  • The preview for one drawing in a project does not work
  • When I use the Insert Component Command for Hydraulic, Pneumatic and for P&ID Components and then I want to switch to insert JIC Electrical Components, it does not work, the last Insert Component Command (for Hydraulic, Pneumatic or P&ID) is still working and I cannot return to insert JIC Electrical Components. Steps: I press the Icon Menu button on the ribbon to insert JIC Electrical components, and I press the respective button for each category (Hydraulic, Pneumatic or P&ID), and then it happens.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello,    

Thanks for your issues reported.

1. For the insert Footprint freeze issue. it will take 4~5 seconds to query the footprint from the database, so please help to wait for some seconds to insert the footprint. And also please make the CLIPROMPTUPDATE value to 1 in the command line, then you will see the command message in the command line. As the command line change in this release, the command execute messages will not show in the commandline by default, but some ACE command will take some second to finish, and also you can't see the command execute messages in the command line, so you just thinking it may freeze. Please try again with the workflow, and let me know the application is still freeze.

2. For the drawing Preview, it is a known issue for ACE2013 now, we will consider the fix in future.

3. For the insert component issue, it is also a known issue for ACE2013 now, but there is a easy workaround for it, please refer to the following post. The same as 2nd issue, we will consider the fix in future.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/AutoCAD-Electrical-2013-Icon-menu-problem/m-p/33909...

Thanks,  

Robin Shou  

Quality Assurance  

AutoCAD Electrical  

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3

Hello,

Just a follow up for the first issue.

If you have 2 monitors, the first time you run the application, the Select drawing to process dialog will appear, and now if you put it in the secondary monitor. Then you run the project wide command for the second time which need the Select drawing to Process dialog to be invoked, the application will lock up. As you can’t see the Select drawing to process dialog in both 2 monitors.

You need to use the following workaround to get the dialog back to the monitor area, and continue the workflow. The dialog can be retrieved with the following process:

1) ALT + SPACEBAR

2) M key

3) Any arrow key

4) Move mouse around

you can go through this post for this issue as well, and for this issue, we are considering the fix for it now.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/Suddenly-cannot-peform-batch-plot-or-title-block-up...

Thanks,

Robin Shou

Quality Assurance

AutoCAD Electrical

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost