AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2012

76 REPLIES 76
Message 1 of 77
DBrohm
5415 Views, 76 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2012

Don’t know how many of you have received your new software for 2012, either via download or DVD, I have.  I had heard some significant changes were being considered for the software on the whole; don’t know if that ever panned out but….  Two things I do know for sure, however; 1.) Acad Elect. 2012 installed much faster than previous versions have, and, 2.) Just like 2009, 2010, and 2011 it has issues right out of the box as it were.  I have been told by a number of individuals that I use Acad Elect at an extreme level in relation to its overall flexibility is it true not sure.  But I can’t believe that the “strains” that I place on the software would result in the issue that I found after having installed the software, configured it to use our standard blocks, database etc., and drawn one vertical three wire bus.  At this point mind you I will admit that the install, and configure process, was done very quickly, more so than in the past, due credit there.

The issue that I found was as follows; I drew, inserted, whichever term you prefer, the vertical three wire bus, then tried to connect a horizontal three wire bus to the vertical one.  With snap enabled, set @ 1/16”, the visual “snap on” indicator was lit, essentially everything telling me snap was on and active, the cross hairs floated and as such were not on snap in any way shape or form, end result was the horizontal three wire bus was nowhere near snap.  This only seems to occur when one tries to connect a bus to another bus; a single wire in empty space, to the bus, or a three wire bus into empty space, snap seems to works fine.

I have sent this to tech support, which has been able to reproduce the issue and have forwarded it onto the development team.  In itself ‘stuff” happens, but I don’t understand how something so fundamental to the software package for years now could just not work.  Am I the only one who uses these functions, I can’t believe that to be true however, no one seemingly found this during beta testing.  A further puzzlement to me is that virtually every time I have registered issues with tech support with each new rendition of software sooner or later I am told that very few use the software the way I do.  This is one thing that I find hard to fathom but if true why, when many Autodesk peoples have suggested that I should be part of the Beta testing process, haven’t they taken me up on my offer to do just that???

Oh well another version of Acad Elect installed and removed within one week because it is of no use to me.  It only required one year but eventually 2010 was fixed enough that I could give it to my designers to use.  So hope springs eternal for 2012.

Have fun my fellow Acad Electrical gurus once more unto the breach.

76 REPLIES 76
Message 21 of 77
mathalekar
in reply to: DBrohm

You need not to choose any screen. When you click on ACAD 2012 shortcut ACAD 2012 splash screen pops up. When you choose ACADE2012, ACADE 2012 profile and splash screen pops up. There are two distinct profiles for two products. Yes, there is only acad.exe for execution but the short cuts are defined with appropriate parameters to start the profiles with product you choose. See the attached screenshot of menus available.

Regards,

Mayuresh

Message 22 of 77

I copied the acad.chm file from ACADE 2011\help to 2012, and it executes once I select AutoCAD Help. This will have to do.

The loading screen doesnt change, its is the ACAD 2012 loading screen for both AutoCAD 2012 - English and AutoCAD Electrical 2012. ACAD has the standard ACAD workspaces and ACADE has all standard and ACADE workspaces, so the electrical package does load all its relavent things, its just the splash screen that is the same for both.

Evan Jensen
Electrical Design Engineer
UNIQUE HYDRA (PTY) LTD
A Unique Maritime Group Company
Message 23 of 77
mathalekar
in reply to: mathalekar

This is strange. This could mean your startup commands may be corrupted. Please check following commands for ACAD 2012 and ACADE 2012. Follow steps below to check

1. Right click on the ACAD 2012 short cut and check properties. It should display following command in start in section of properties. If not try to replace them with folowing

""C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2012\UserDataCache\"

2. For ACADE 2012 it should be

""C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2012\acad.exe"  /p <<ACADE>>"

If you see any issue still, try to repair product from ADD-Remove section. Please attach you commands here to let us know more about it. Above commands are displayed for product installed on "C:" Drive with standard paths.

Regards,

Mayuresh

Message 24 of 77
evanjensen4116

I just repaired it, and the splash screen is still ACAD 2012. I am going to uninstall & reinstall it. I will reply with my results.
I really appreciate the help.

Evan Jensen
Electrical Design Engineer
UNIQUE HYDRA (PTY) LTD
A Unique Maritime Group Company
Message 25 of 77

Hi,

I suppose your software has some problem because i cannot understand why there is no Help option in Options dialog box in your 2012 version. I believe uninstall & reinstall can resolve such problems, please let me know whether reinstall can resolve your problems.

Thanks for reporting!

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 26 of 77
pierora

Hi to everybody, Pls somebody could help me in theAutocad Electrical's installation ? Seems that there are some problems with .Net framework 4 MS software. I tried to uninstall all related .net framework from windows, and lets Autocad install it ! but the problem it's always the same the installation hangs on such .Net framework. Here below some log file

2011/3/31:18:54:55	PETER	PETER-PC	=== Setup started on PETER-PC by PETER ===
2011/3/31:18:54:55	PETER	PETER-PC	Launch 
2011/3/31:18:55:34	PETER	PETER-PC	PageOpen	LaunchDialog		
2011/3/31:18:56:07	PETER	PETER-PC	PageOpen	LicenseDialog		
2011/3/31:18:56:09	PETER	PETER-PC	PageOpen	ProductInfoDialog		
2011/3/31:18:56:19	PETER	PETER-PC	PageOpen	ProductSelectionDialog2		
2011/3/31:18:56:49	PETER	PETER-PC	PageOpen	FullProgressDialog		
2011/3/31:18:56:50	PETER	PETER-PC	Installing .NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Language Pack: D:\downloads\ACAD_ELE_2012\Autodesk.AutoCAD.Electrical.2012.WIN32.WIN64-ISZ\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40LP_Full_x86_x64_1040.exe /q
2011/3/31:18:56:50	PETER	PETER-PC	Install	.NET Framework Runtime 4.0 Language Pack	Failed	Installation aborted, Result=2

Thank you

Message 27 of 77
high_voltage

When you are dealing with a company who's primary focus is Mechanical CAD and Inventor 3D modeling - what do you expect?  They sold out many years of subject matter expertise to save money.  It is painfully evident that your "Snap" issue is only one of many more to come.  Good Luck...

Message 28 of 77

Hi pierora,

Can you try to download MS .net 4.0 from the Microsoft Corporation website and install it ? if it can be installed successfully then install Autocad Electrical.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Autodesk, Inc.
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 29 of 77
pierora

Yes I tried,

The error messagge in the log file changes but the installation hangs ub the same point.

i tried also to uninstall completely .net software and let's Autocad install it, but without success.

I'll try to ask to the supplier help desk.

Regards

Message 30 of 77
Icemanau
in reply to: pierora

Try un-installing ALL versions of net, then install them in order from the Microsoft Windows Update website. You need to install the first one, reboot then the next one and so on until all of them are installed.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 31 of 77
pierora
in reply to: Icemanau

Thank you for your reply, could you indicate me which is the first one and which is the last one ?

I already uninstalled all .net software by windows control panel, a let's Atuocad install it but nothing.

I tried also to installa a new version of .net software from windows update but the problem still live !

Thank you for yoour support

Message 32 of 77
KevinLi-Autodesk

Is your Operation System installed the latest SP or Windows update ?

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Autodesk, Inc.
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 33 of 77
pierora
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

Yes I have W7 Ulimate Sp1 x64

Message 34 of 77
KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi,

In the %temp% folder, you should be able to find these files:

AutoCAD Electrical 2012 Install.log

AutoCAD Electrical 2012 Install (en-us).log

AutoCAD Electrical 2012 Setup.log

Are you able to zip up the files and post to this thread?
So that we can take a look at your problem.

Regards,

Kevin Li

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Autodesk, Inc.
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 35 of 77
pierora
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

here is AutoCAD Electrical 2012 Setup.log

I'm searching the others file you required.

Thanks a lot

Message 36 of 77
MinKeng

Hi pierora,

I can see that the installation failed while installing .NET 4.0 Lang Pack runtime.

Is it a Spanish 64 bit operating system?

Can you please try running this exe to install .NET 4.0 Lang Pack?

..\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx40LP_Full_x86_x64_1040.exe

Please let me know what error it will prompt when installing this language pack.

Thanks.

Regards,

Min Keng

Message 37 of 77
pierora
in reply to: MinKeng

I don't have the file you required here is the list of the available file in such dir.

Autocad Is in English Language, the O.S. is in Italian.

The available file are listed below.

Directory ..\ACAD_ELE_2012\Autodesk.AutoCAD.Electrical.2012.WIN32.WIN64-ISZ\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework
01/04/2011  10.51    <DIR>          .
01/04/2011  10.51    <DIR>          ..
08/12/2010  17.15         3.323.376 dotNetFx40LP_Full_x86_x64_1049.exe
19/03/2010  11.44        50.449.456 dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe

Message 38 of 77
MinKeng

Hi pierora,

It seemed that there are missing files from the list of files.

The complete list of files are shown in the picture below.

Have you downloaded self extracting ACADE 2012 RTM?

Can you try to extract the contents to a shorter path and see if the complete list of files are being extracted?

Thanks,

Min Keng

capture.JPG

Message 39 of 77
pierora

Here attached there is the complete list of files available

Message 40 of 77
MinKeng

Hi pierora,

From the list of files, it looks incomplete.

For the Italian .NET 4.0 Language Pack, you may download from here too:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/it-it/confirmation.aspx?FamilyID=7A4C6414-7F64-47A5-AE20-21840313...

You may want to try to download and install the .net 4.0 italian language pack first before installing AutoCAD Electrical 2012 again.

Regards,

Min Keng

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost