AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2012 - AutoCAD Message Drawing file is write protected

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
260 Views, 0 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2012 - AutoCAD Message Drawing file is write protected

Well... thought this problem was solved but, alas, it is back.

The first time I try and save a drawing the drawing becoes read only. This doesn't happen all the time but it is unpredictable. 

I am using a local copy of AutoCAD electrical 2012 on a XP SP3 machine. All of my work is saved to a Linux cerver (CentOS)

Network load doesn't seem to be an issue as when I am all alone and nothing is using bandwidth but me it still happens.

This probem was very consistant when I had AutoCAD LT 2009, ACE 2011 and ACE2012 loaded on my computer and because of a different AutoCAD problem (flex licensing corruption) it was recommended that I uninstall all of them and try fresh. I cleaned the registry and reinstalled ACE2012 and all seemed well. Licensing problem is gone and readonly problem worked ok for awhile, but now it is back and I have to save the drawing as a different name and open it back up.

What can I do? I tried loading ACE2011 back on my PC but it tells me there is already a newer version and installation stops. Do I really have to Uninstall ACE2012 again to install a version that I can work with?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost