AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2011 Plotting Question

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
tlampher
397 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2011 Plotting Question

By default my projects always plot the layers in color.  I would like to change it so it always prints monochrome.  The only way I have found to do this is to go into my layers properties of every sheet and change it there.  That is very time consuming.  Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
stefan.stamate
in reply to: tlampher

If you right click on the project in the Project Manager select Publish and then Plot Project, select the drawings, hit OK and in the Detailed Plot Configuration mode you have a setting for Use Plot Style which you can point it to the monochrome.ctb on your PC.

Message 3 of 11
tlampher

That does not work.  When I try to do that it actually won't print at all and in the command line it reads "Unknown command Adobe."  I have tried printing to all of my printers and adobe and have the same results for each.  At first I though it was my printer, but think I have that ruled out now.

Message 4 of 11
stefan.stamate

Is it possible that your default printer is not the printer you are trying to print to? See the attached picture as well. 

Message 5 of 11
tlampher
in reply to: stefan.stamate

I think that fixed it.  Thanks for your help!  Not sure if it fixed the monochrome part because I had to get it printed and went back to my brute force method of changing all layers.

Message 6 of 11
tlampher

I was wrong.  I just did another set of drawings and it did not print in monochrome even though I selected monochrome and turned on the detailed plot configuration.

Message 7 of 11
tlampher

See attached for all of my settings.  HELP!

Message 8 of 11
tlampher

I have also tried these settings with no luck.

Message 9 of 11
stefan.stamate

The ctb file is the one you should use and not the stb. Do you have pictures inside of your drawings?

Message 10 of 11
tlampher

Do you mean pictures embedded into my drawings?  No there are no pictures.  It is just a ladder diagram.

Message 11 of 11
tlampher

I just tried printing from a co workers computer to a different printer and have the same results.  Frustrating.  Why doesn't Autodesk have a technical support number to call without charging you an arm and leg for help with something you already paid an arm and a leg to get in the first place?  This is ridiculous.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost