AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2005 SP1 Now Available

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
446 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2005 SP1 Now Available

AutoCAD Electrical 2005 Users... We have a new service pack available. You should be able to get to this service pack by following the links through the communication center (if you have it enabled). The product website on autodesk.com can also direct you to the service pack. The links on the product website are referenced for you here as well: AutoCAD Electrical 2005 SP1 http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=4199154 Regards, Scott Reese Product Manager - AutoCAD Electrical Manufacturing Solutions Division
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
gpbuttke
in reply to: Anonymous

SCOTT:

I installed the AutoCAD Electrical 2005 Service Pack 1 today and the install, which completed without any errors, blew away my auth. code for my ADN ACE 2005 license.

Is that "as designed" ...

Glenn Buttke
Rockwell Automation
- 212 Seats of ACE and Expanding Globally ...
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Hi Glenn, No, this is not the intention. I talked to the QA department and we were stretching for what would have caused this to happen since we haven't seen it in any of our testing. The only thing we could think of centers around when the install process asks you for the ACE2005 CD. We were wondering if you might have inserted a commercial CD when applying the SP1 to the ADN installed version. In any case, you shouldn't see this when you deploy it on your commercial versions. Let us know if you notice any more unexpected behaviors so we can dig into it further. Sorry for the inconvenience. Regards, Scott ========= "gpbuttke" wrote in message news:31934805.1106598195315.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > SCOTT: > > I installed the AutoCAD Electrical 2005 Service Pack 1 today and the install, which completed without any errors, blew away my auth. code for my ADN ACE 2005 license. > > Is that "as designed" ... > > Glenn Buttke > Rockwell Automation > - 212 Seats of ACE and Expanding Globally ...
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

What are the updates? according the the readme file it only addresses automatic wire numbers? I was hoping for a fix to the conduit fill math. "Scott Reese (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:41f00d31_3@newsprd01... > AutoCAD Electrical 2005 Users... > > We have a new service pack available. > > You should be able to get to this service pack by following the links > through the communication center (if you have it enabled). > > The product website on autodesk.com can also direct you to the service > pack. > The links on the product website are referenced for you here as well: > > AutoCAD Electrical 2005 SP1 > http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=4199154 > > Regards, > > Scott Reese > Product Manager - AutoCAD Electrical > Manufacturing Solutions Division > >
Message 5 of 11
gpbuttke

The ADN install was a "commercial" CD of ACADE 2005, using an ADN serial number, authorized "VIA" [no pun intended] ADESK.

Will try an install of a "regular" S/N of ACE 2005, auth. it, then apply the SP1 to see the results next.

I will also re-install one of our ADN's to see if the problem repeats itself.
Message 6 of 11
gpbuttke

SCOTT:

Even though AutoDesk Product Registration "confirmed" the authorization code DOES expire when AutoCAD is service packed, I found with the new build I did, the software stayed authorized.

Glenn Buttke
Rockwell Automation
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Gleen, We are looking into this but I had a few questions. Have you only tried this with an ADN serial number or have you tried it with both an ADN and a Commercial serial number and received the same results, it forcing you to get a new Auth code? Thanks, Steve "gpbuttke" wrote in message news:311689.1106663984011.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > SCOTT: > > Confirmed by AutoDesk Product Registration ... > Authorization code DOES expire when AutoCAD is service packed. > > Getting a new auth. code "as we speak" ... > > Glenn Buttke > Rockwell Automation
Message 8 of 11
gpbuttke

ORIGINAL INSTALL SCENARIO:

- Install ACE 2005 from "commercial" CD
- Used ADN Serial Number
- Authorized ADN through ADESK
- Did Testing for several days.
------
- ACE 2005 SP1 available [1-20-2005]
- Downloaded SP1
- Installed without any errors
- Rebooted PC
- Launched ACE 2005 w/SP1
- ACE: "Please wait while your license is being verified"
- ACE: "IMPORTANT - You must activate your product before you can use it".
- ACE: ERROR [15.1.54]
- ACE: "Activate your product" or "End Session"

- - - - - -

NEW INSTALL

- Uninstalled ACE 2005
- Installed once again from a "commercial" CD
- Used standalone serial number
- Auth'd by Autodesk
- Used ACE for "a while"
- Applied SP1
- Rebooted PC
- ACE 2005 w/SP1 this time had no problems

When getting the authorization code talking to the ADESK support person, she indicated that Service Packs DO NEED new authorization codes based on the customers she has talked to.

Well, with the 2nd install, the authorization code was NOT needed after applying SP1.

Very inconsistent results.

Glenn Buttke
Rockwell Automation
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Glenn, I asked someone here about this that works with serial numbers and authorizations, and he said that on some occasions the licensing technology that we are using does cause a person to re-authorize there product after some system and/or software configuration changes happen. He said we are hoping to make this licensing technology less sensitive to issue like this. This is not normal behavior though. The majority of the time, you should not be asked to re-authorize your package. Sorry for the inconvenience. Steve "gpbuttke" wrote in message news:13996568.1106679415701.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > ORIGINAL INSTALL SCENARIO: > > - Install ACE 2005 from "commercial" CD > - Used ADN Serial Number > - Authorized ADN through ADESK > - Did Testing for several days. > ------ > - ACE 2005 SP1 available [1-20-2005] > - Downloaded SP1 > - Installed without any errors > - Rebooted PC > - Launched ACE 2005 w/SP1 > - ACE: "Please wait while your license is being verified" > - ACE: "IMPORTANT - You must activate your product before you can use it". > - ACE: ERROR [15.1.54] > - ACE: "Activate your product" or "End Session" > > - - - - - - > > NEW INSTALL > > - Uninstalled ACE 2005 > - Installed once again from a "commercial" CD > - Used standalone serial number > - Auth'd by Autodesk > - Used ACE for "a while" > - Applied SP1 > - Rebooted PC > - ACE 2005 w/SP1 this time had no problems > > When getting the authorization code talking to the ADESK support person, she indicated that Service Packs DO NEED new authorization codes based on the customers she has talked to. > > Well, with the 2nd install, the authorization code was NOT needed after applying SP1. > > Very inconsistent results. > > Glenn Buttke > Rockwell Automation
Message 10 of 11
gpbuttke

STEVE:

Thanks for the followup on the SP1/Authorization process.

- Glenn
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

No guarantees on this but as a workaround for the conduit fill math, try the attached lisp file and dialog definition file to calculate the fill percentage of a conduit marker. Feel free to modify this routine in any way. To use it you will need to load the lisp file in AutoCAD and the dialog definition file, .dcl, will need to be in an AutoCAD search path or you could enter the path in the lisp file. Then at the command line enter calc_fill. This will look for your wire information in the .WDW file and the conduit information in the .WW1 file. If that information is found you will be asked to pick a conduit marker. Once selected it will read the wire information off the conduit marker. It will calculate the cross-sectional area for each wire based on its wire diameter (pulled from .WDW file). It will add up these cross-sectional areas and then divide it by the cross-sectional area of each conduit. And finally multiply by 100 to get the %. Finally a small dialog will display with the % for each conduit size. So this calculation expects the wire diameter in the .WDW file and the conduit's inner cross-sectional area in the .WW1. Feel free to modify this calculation in any way you see fit. This is supplied as a starting point but it should allow you to keep the wire diamter in the .WDW file so it is correct in your reports.. Pat Murnen Autodesk "dns" wrote in message news:41f59670_3@newsprd01... > What are the updates? according the the readme file it only addresses > automatic wire numbers? I was hoping for a fix to the conduit fill math. > > "Scott Reese (Autodesk)" wrote in message > news:41f00d31_3@newsprd01... >> AutoCAD Electrical 2005 Users... >> >> We have a new service pack available. >> >> You should be able to get to this service pack by following the links >> through the communication center (if you have it enabled). >> >> The product website on autodesk.com can also direct you to the service >> pack. >> The links on the product website are referenced for you here as well: >> >> AutoCAD Electrical 2005 SP1 >> http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=4199154 >> >> Regards, >> >> Scott Reese >> Product Manager - AutoCAD Electrical >> Manufacturing Solutions Division >> >> > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost