AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 Reports Issue

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
457 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 Reports Issue

Currently having an issue with AutoCAD Electrical 2013 Report Generator.  I have projects that have about 100 drawings and I can run a report on a single drawing but when I do the entire project it gets hung up.  I was able to create project reports for about a week with no problems. Now when I select the entire project it gets hung up like its processing and you can hear the ding sound when I left click the mouse button.   After about 5 minutes of no response I can hit the escape button and it will bring me back.  Please Help.

Thanks,
rbn

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

When you're asked to select what drawings to process, what happen if you select just 1, 2 or 50 files?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

When I select the ACTIVE DRAWING, it creates the report with no problem.  When I select the entire project it gives me nothing.

Message 4 of 8
rhesusminus

Ok.
When you select "project", acade asks you what drawing to process. Seems like this dialog is placed outside your visible screen. When,it "hangs", what happens if you press the spacebar twice?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Thats what it sounds like.  I cant find the box if it is.  When I press the space bar, it just comes back to the drawing.

Message 6 of 8
rhesusminus

Are you comfortable with using Regedit (Registry editor)?

Exit AutoCAD Electrical

Start regedit

Have a look at the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.1\ACAD-E00?:409\Ace_pick_dwgs

Set the values nTopLeftX3 and nTopLeftY3 to 0

restart AcadE and check if you can see this dialog now, when chosing to create report for entire project.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Wow it worked.  Thank you very much it helped an it now works but now the Active drawing (all) and Active drawing (pick) radial buttons are not highlighted but I will play with it.  Thats the least of my problems.  Thanks again and now I'm back in business. 

rbn

Message 8 of 8
testsubject

I have found that when working with multiple screens sometimes the dialog boxes end up "off screen". When this happens I use

ALT+SPACE then M

Now you can use the arrow keys to move the dialog box around.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost