AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 Electrical Symbols Builder issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
prabhakaran.deva
479 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 Electrical Symbols Builder issue

Hi,

I created some custom symbols in AUTOCAD 2013 with additional attributes (SubAssy1, SubAssy2 etc.,). When i inserted the new symbol into the schematic, the additional attributes are not showing up in the  "edit miscellaneous box".

The attached snapshot is from the symbol created in ACAD 2011 and the attributes "SubAssy1 & SubAssy2" are shown if we open in ACAD 2011 but not showing up when we open in 2013 and when we create a new symbol in 2013 as well.

The default path for the symbols library Template is set to "C:/Users/Public/Documents/Autodesk/ACADE 2013/Libs/Jic1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Prabhakaran.D

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
drathak
in reply to: prabhakaran.deva

My first thought twas that you didn't update the block in the drawing, but if it IS there when using 2011, tht blows that out of the water.

I have not had this sort of problem.  I have custom attributes in many symbols, both parent and child symbols.  I even added your attributes to a symbol and tried it.  Not a problem.  Can you post a sample project with a drawing containing those symbols for people to check out?  

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 3 of 3

You should consider adding attributes as MFG01, CAT01, MFG02, CAT02. These are the attributes that AutoCAD Electrical expects for subassembly parts. You can pre-load their values if they would never change. They can be edited via the Multiple Catalog button. Or you can let the software assign the values from the TEXTVALUE field of the Catalog Lookup database. Edit the main part number and enter the following into the TEXTVALUE field: MFG01=MANUFACTURER NAME;CAT01=CATALOG NUMBER;MFG02=MANUFACTURER NAME;CAT02=CATALOG NUMBER

The next time you click Lookup and assign the main part number the subassembly attributes will also fill in.

Multiple Catalog doesn't require that the attributes already exist. They are added as xdata by AutoCAD Electrical after you assign subassembly parts via Multiple Catalog. But if you want the TEXTVALUE field to fill in the values automatically as you assign the main number, the attributes must already exist in the symbol.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost