AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 Create New Drawing

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
bcc2
689 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 Create New Drawing

I am new to AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical and am doing a course to learn them (I am using the 2013 version on both). In AutoCAD Electrical I have noticed that for some reason I am not able to create a new drawing from the project manager unless i have a drawing opened already. Am I crazy or was it intended this way? If it was intended this way, would somebody mind telling me why? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Wheelie22
in reply to: bcc2

It was intended this way !

Needs the command line for some things.

and

1 drawing open in the active project

to use the AcadE project command's.

and

Don't use CTRL C - CTRL V unless you know what your doing.

and

Never edit a attribute manualy !

Message 3 of 6
bcc2
in reply to: Wheelie22

I guess that makes sense. Thanks. What do you mean by never edit an attribute manually?
Message 4 of 6
bcc2
in reply to: Wheelie22

Also, just out of curiosity I guess, why do you suggest not using CTRL C and CTRL V?
Message 5 of 6
Wheelie22

In Acad double-click on an attribute to edit.

But in AcadE you right-clck on a AcadE symbol to enter the edit mode. All you do here will be written to the project database. And with a re-wire or re-tag this data is used to update things. So all you entered manualy will be lost !

And with CTRL C+V you normaly copy a block or something else in the same or anoter drawing, but with AcadE this will get you errors unless you use commands like "insert wblocked circuit" that are specialy made for it. They do the right thing, so AcadE updates the attributes and puts it in the right layer and more lke this.

Message 6 of 6
dougmcalexander

You are actually supposed to use the New Drawing command in Project Manager and in the second field you browse to a template that you have set up for use by AutoCAD Electrical. This template should contain drawing properties and optionally, titleblock update mapping and defined wire types.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost