AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 Electrical Home Use License

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JOESTUMPF6082
1604 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 Electrical Home Use License

Do I still have the option to use a copy of AutoCAD on my home computer with the 2012 Electrical version?  We own two stand-alone licenses.  If so, how do I go about the registration of the home copy?

Thanks,

Joe

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
paulfhme
in reply to: JOESTUMPF6082

If you are on a subscription, then you are automatically approved for home use.  It's a perk.

Message 3 of 6
JOESTUMPF6082
in reply to: paulfhme

Thanks for the quick response!

Message 4 of 6
MrMindlink
in reply to: paulfhme

@paulfhme wrote:

If you are on a subscription, then you are automatically approved for home use.  It's a perk.

Where can I find this information in writing?

Thanks,

Message 5 of 6
WJH1970

The information regarding home use is actually in the license agreement documentation.  If you don't know where this is, begin an installation...you have to click "accept" on the license agreement to continue, but this time, copy paste it out to a document and then search it for the text.

You would use your standalone license number for the home installation as well, and register it as you did the copy at work.  Autodesk does track this, so if you loaded it on 3 machines, you'd likely get a call. It's kind of a monitored honor system.

For network licenses, if I recall correctly, you would load the software as a standalone version with the same serial number and license key.  Just like the standalone copy, Autodesk monitors the standalone installs.  So if you had 10 seats attached to 1 license, you would have 10 standalone installs available for home use.

Can any moderators out there confirm this?

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 6
MinKeng

Hi Joe,

It should be referred to privacy policy and contract of the product, and yes, we still allow customers to activate second “Home” machine (no registration will be required) since first “Work” machine already registered the serial number.

Regards,

Min Keng

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost