AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2010 - Connector Symbol Changes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DAKasmis
342 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2010 - Connector Symbol Changes

I have changed the connecetor symbols to have the TERMDESCxx always be black instead of based on per layer.

This works wonderful until I change the connector after it is added (stretch, split). After changing the connector it gets $$ in its name and the TERMDESCxx seem to go back to per layer coloring.

Did I miss changing some drawings? I don't see any extra blocks listed after a connector change.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: DAKasmis

When you stretch or modify the symbol in any way after it has been inserted, ACAD has to change the block name. If it didn't it would cause problems with accessing the block on the hard drive.

As for the colour's changing, I have no idea on that apart from ACAD defaulting to a setting somewhere and the attribute being changed to match said setting.

I would assume that you want just the termdesc for the connectors to be black and not the termdesc for ordinary terminals as well. The only solution I can think of is to create a layer for the termdesc and set it's colour to black. Then edit the connector blocks again and change the attribute to that layer. The final step would be to change the dwg and project settings to only modify attribute layers if the are on layer 0.

To change the layer settings, go to project (or dwg) settings and select the Drawing Format tab. Click on the Define button in the layers box. Now select the checkbox down the bottom, titled 'Apply to entities on layer "0" only'. Make any other changes you desire as well.

Hopefully this will fix your problem.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
DAKasmis
in reply to: DAKasmis

Thank You.

That Project (DWG) Setting 'Apply to entities on layer "0" only' seems to have fixed what I was seeing.

I can split and change the connector and it doesn't go back to a default color.

Thank You Again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost