AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigned catalog information and item number for terminal jumper.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
288 Views, 5 Replies

Assigned catalog information and item number for terminal jumper.

Does anyone know where the catalog information and item number assigned to terminal jumpers are stored.  For the terminals themselves the footprints carry xdata with that information but I cannot find it for the jumpers even though it was assigned in the terminal strip editor.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe the jumper information is stored on the footprints somehow (maybe as part of the XDATA attribute) of the terminal blocks although I may be wrong.

It's also stored in the project database which has all that information written into it by the TSE.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

It's not part of the xdata that I can find.  It would be nice if it was consistent with how the other parts work.

Message 4 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk

There were some limitations with the xdata length so jumper information is saved as xrecords. There are not any published API calls to access xrecords but a lisp routine could be written to access this information.

Is there some reason the provided tools and dialogs are not sufficient that you want to read this directly from the terminals?

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: PatMurnen_Adsk

When we balloon our layouts we use a balloon that contains the quantity and the built in tools do not handle that.  We will also balloon a strip of dinrail and all it's components together with the same set of balloons and do not want a separate balloon for duplicate devices.  I wrote a command that lets you select multiple devices to balloon that inserts only 1 balloon per item number and fills in the quantities used.  It works great except for the jumpers.  I'm sure a lot of companies balloon their drawing in a similar manner so this would be a good option to add to AutoCAD Electrical.

Message 6 of 6
PatMurnen_Adsk

There are not any published API calls to read the xrecords but you can try this internal call in a lisp function  -

(setq xlst (wd_dbx_xrecord_get h))

where h = the handle of the terminal

it would return something like this for a terminal that is jumpered and has a catalog and item number assigned to it.

(("006C3C11-20C2ED3BC7" (5 . "605") (410 . "J") (1 . "AB") (2 . "1492-CJJ5-3") (3 . "") (4 . "56") (300 . "") (6 . "HTRMS")))

This is out of my area of expertise but my guess is that the initial element is the unique jumper iD. All terminals jumpered together would carry this same value.

The 410 code with a "J" value probably indicates it is a jumper xrecord to tell it from other xrecord types.

The 1 code is MFG. The 2 code is CAT, the 4 code is ITEM.

The risk of using an internal call like wd_dbx_xrecord_get is that it might change in future releases. I would say that is unlikely for this one but it is still possible.

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost