AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any word on disabling wire numbers for certain wire layers?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
testsubject
261 Views, 6 Replies

Any word on disabling wire numbers for certain wire layers?

Nate,

Are you getting closer to this? I really want to be able to put my ground wires on a wire layer but I do not want them to have a wire number. It is a pain to have to draw the ground wire connections and then have to go back and move them to 0 so that they will not be numbered. Then I have to move them back so that they can use the wire info for that layer. Then later on, I may have to renumber the wires and I have to go through this all over again.

I also will use another layer for multiconductor cable that will use the color of the wire instead of a wire number. This is why I am adamant about being able to do this. Could it be a selectable for a given layer?

Also, I am restating that I want Check All to work for all check boxes in the Update Project window. Or at least another one for the per drawing variables. I now have to check 6 boxes instead of one when I update my drawings. Changing this was kind of a step backwards.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1998

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: testsubject

The only solution I can think of for suppressing a ground wire number assignment is to use the EDIT WNUM command and pick on each ground wire. Enter in a "Fixed" wire number value of a single "space" character. This will cause AcadE to think that the wire is marked, it won't update later because it's marked as "fixed", and the reports will not show a wire number (actually will show a single space as the wire number). "testsubject" wrote in message news:20424264.1094060278030.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Nate, > > Are you getting closer to this? I really want to be able to put my ground wires on a wire layer but I do not want them to have a wire number. It is a pain to have to draw the ground wire connections and then have to go back and move them to 0 so that they will not be numbered. Then I have to move them back so that they can use the wire info for that layer. Then later on, I may have to renumber the wires and I have to go through this all over again. > > I also will use another layer for multiconductor cable that will use the color of the wire instead of a wire number. This is why I am adamant about being able to do this. Could it be a selectable for a given layer? >
Message 3 of 7
testsubject

Nate,

:(

Not quite the answer I was hoping for. That still requires a lot of extra hand holding especially for the multi-conductor cables.

Maybe this could be added to the wish list.

How about the Check box question?

Thanks,

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1998

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Robert, I have added both of these suggestions to the AutoCAD Electrical Wishlist. Steve "testsubject" wrote in message news:19029260.1094078945065.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Nate, > > :( > > Not quite the answer I was hoping for. That still requires a lot of extra hand holding especially for the multi-conductor cables. > > Maybe this could be added to the wish list. > > How about the Check box question? > > Thanks, > > Robert Hanrahan > Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co. > ACE user since 1998
Message 5 of 7
testsubject

Thanks Steve.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,
I also would appreciate the option to have a wire, cable or other wire-type layer that has the option of not being numbered. I have the same issue with ground wires, which I handle as Nate suggests by giving them a fixed, hidden wire number. I also use many cables, most of which aren't broken out by conductor, so I also end up doing the same thing with them. Cable handling in general is a problem issue for me.
Lynne
Message 7 of 7
testsubject

I noticed that there now is a Save button available on the Update dialog box that saves the currently checked boxes so this works well for my "Check Box" question.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost