AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another BOM Question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
johnq
337 Views, 2 Replies

Another BOM Question

Hi All

I am using ACE2012 and this is the first revision that I have tried to generate a BOM.

I have been able to created a BOM and get almost the format that is required.

First problem:

The table now is too long to fit on one page.  I have tried all logical (to my mind) combinations in the pull down menues to split the BOM over two pages but to no avail.

I seem to only be able to make the page breake at the top of the table.

I changed the row number and I can make a second table but only in the page I have alocated to the BOM.

Any clues? 

Second Problem:

I have some items that are created with two parts.  I can get them listed on the BOM  but the quantity is not calculated.

The help information indicates to leave out the quantity as it calculated automatically.

I do not seem to make this work.

Where the quantities are missing is the parts are the multi catalogued second assembly to the above part.

Again any clues?

Example BOM attached I hope.

Thanks  john q

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: johnq

It all depends on what you mean by Missing Quantities. Do you have multiple sub units of the same type in the main unit or multiple main units with single sub units

If it's the first problem, you have to set that up in the catalog selection.

If you have the parts automatically selected via the main part number, you will need to edit the entry to add the required amount of the parts if they are used multiple times in the main unit (NONC contacts on a switch for example)

However, if you have gone the Multple Catalog route, you again have to set the count of the multiple items in the same unit. However you do this when you select the multiple catalog information.

With the second version of the problem, you need to use the 'Tallied Purchase List format' (selected at the first screen). This will automatically add up all instance of the unit and display a total.

I'm not sure on how ACADE 2012 has the section to put on the dwg, I'm a couple of releases behind here.

In the version I'm using, you set the number of rows per section and ACADE will place however many sections on the one dwg. ACADE can't place the table on more than one dwg at this stage.

Make sure you tick the box to add the column labels to each section to make it easier for whoever is reading the dwg.

I can get 3 sections onto a single A3 size sheet plus title block, using a text size of 3mm or two if I use 4mm. 3mm is about the minimum I would use on an A3 size sheet.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: johnq

Hi.

If you want the BOM to automatically divide itself over multiple pages, have a look at the Automatic Reports functionality.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost