AutoCAD Electrical General

omegacore
Message 1 of 3 (614 Views)
Accepted Solution

Allen Bradley Parametric PLC Block

614 Views, 2 Replies
12-31-2012 03:53 PM

Hi, I am having trouble inserting a PLC block for a 1769-IQ32.

When I insert the block it gives me an error message saying that HP1WA-DL is not found, and a similar message for all other terminals in the block.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

Valued Contributor
electricman1
Message 2 of 3 (611 Views)

Re: Allen Bradley Parametric PLC Block

12-31-2012 04:23 PM in reply to: omegacore

A few things could be going on, but you may want to start by searching for that file on your hard drive. Then look to see if the file is in one of the directories in: AutoCAD->Tools->Options->Files->Support File Search Path. 

Also look in your projects *.wdp file for the "+[1]". The highest priority search path directories will follow after this configure setting ("+[1]").

Note: AutoCAD will need the file in one of the search path directories mentioned above.

PS. If you're into using the PLC Utility, check this site out:  racklayout.com

omegacore
Message 3 of 3 (555 Views)

Re: Allen Bradley Parametric PLC Block

01-07-2013 04:18 PM in reply to: electricman1

As it turns out, this had very little to do with the PLC block tool, and much more to do with the project and file location. I was attempting to edit files on a dropbox. I guess the project path or something will get messed up because of that. Solution was to move the files to my usual project editing area on my own harddrive.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community