AutoCAD Electrical General

Distinguished Contributor
Message 1 of 5 (58 Views)

Additional Values Associated with Wires

58 Views, 4 Replies
06-04-2004 11:09 AM
Is there any method to associate additional information to the wires drawn on the scheme? I'm looking to add terminal(lug) information, wire markmarker type, shield info...

Ray C.
*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 5 (58 Views)

Re: Additional Values Associated with Wires

06-04-2004 01:42 PM in reply to: SRayC
If you generate a Wire to/from report, you have the option to add more items to the report; Wire layer, Cable Descriptions, Sheet number...Lots of things.
Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Distinguished Contributor
Message 3 of 5 (58 Views)

06-08-2004 06:30 AM in reply to: SRayC
I need to add these things at the time the wire is created so I could generate the report with this info.
Ray C.
*Expert Elite*
Message 4 of 5 (58 Views)

06-08-2004 07:04 AM in reply to: SRayC
You could set up multiple wire layers with different info associated with them. Then you just select which layer you want the wire to be located and it will automatically have the info tagged to it in the reports. I do not know if this is enough for you. Maybe Nate can come up with something more unique to your application.

I do know that the terminal info is available in these reports.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1997
Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
*Nate Holt \(Autodesk\)
Message 5 of 5 (58 Views)

06-08-2004 01:26 PM in reply to: SRayC
Ray, There is currently not a mechanism in place to assign and report wire information (other than wire "layer", wire number, and cable conductor info) to individual wires. There is a back-door way to assign connection information like lug type and other information and have it show up in the from/to reports. You could associate a TERMDESCxx attribute to each X?TERMxx wire connection attribute, make it hidden, and encode your connection information on this attribute. For terminals, the attribute name is X?TERMDESC01 where ?=1,2,4, and 8 for the four wire connections. With this in place, in the from/to reports your data will show up, I believe, under the "PD1" and "PD2" report columns (wire connection point descriptions). Note: most of the stock AcadE schematic symbols do not have this extra attribute in place for each wire connection. Nate. "srayc" wrote in message news:14341759.1086372620643.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is there any method to associate additional information to the wires drawn on the scheme? I'm looking to add terminal(lug) information, wire markmarker type, shield info... > > Ray C.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community