AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Values Associated with Wires

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SRayC
184 Views, 4 Replies

Additional Values Associated with Wires

Is there any method to associate additional information to the wires drawn on the scheme? I'm looking to add terminal(lug) information, wire markmarker type, shield info...

Ray C.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
testsubject
in reply to: SRayC

If you generate a Wire to/from report, you have the option to add more items to the report; Wire layer, Cable Descriptions, Sheet number...Lots of things.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 5
SRayC

I need to add these things at the time the wire is created so I could generate the report with this info.
Ray C.
Message 4 of 5
testsubject

You could set up multiple wire layers with different info associated with them. Then you just select which layer you want the wire to be located and it will automatically have the info tagged to it in the reports. I do not know if this is enough for you. Maybe Nate can come up with something more unique to your application.

I do know that the terminal info is available in these reports.

Robert Hanrahan
Weigh Right Automatic Scale Co.
ACE user since 1997

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Ray, There is currently not a mechanism in place to assign and report wire information (other than wire "layer", wire number, and cable conductor info) to individual wires. There is a back-door way to assign connection information like lug type and other information and have it show up in the from/to reports. You could associate a TERMDESCxx attribute to each X?TERMxx wire connection attribute, make it hidden, and encode your connection information on this attribute. For terminals, the attribute name is X?TERMDESC01 where ?=1,2,4, and 8 for the four wire connections. With this in place, in the from/to reports your data will show up, I believe, under the "PD1" and "PD2" report columns (wire connection point descriptions). Note: most of the stock AcadE schematic symbols do not have this extra attribute in place for each wire connection. Nate. "srayc" wrote in message news:14341759.1086372620643.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Is there any method to associate additional information to the wires drawn on the scheme? I'm looking to add terminal(lug) information, wire markmarker type, shield info... > > Ray C.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost