AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding additional no graphical components to a terminal block

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
geoff.hall
419 Views, 2 Replies

Adding additional no graphical components to a terminal block

I am trying to add part numbers to my terminal strip, these part numbers have no graphics associated with them, such as tags, etc, but I can seem to find where to do this. Is there an easy way, so they will show up on my BOM?

Thank You,

Geoff

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: geoff.hall

Depending on the item to be added to the block, you would add it as an Multiple Catalog item or as a sub assembly.

For example, If you have a number clipped onto each terminal and want to document that a clip on number is used, Set the terminals you use up with the Assembly number and the catalog entry for the Number markers as the sub assembly.

For a tag or shroud on a particular terminal, once the terminal has it's catalog information filled in or selected, click on the Multiple Catalog button and fill in or select the appropriate part from there.

For items like end plates, clamps and so on, use the Terminal Strip Editor (TSE as it's known) to actually organise your terminal strip and add those parts as needed, along with any spare terminals. Note that this will result in a graphical representation of your terminal strip that has to be inserted into your dwg. I usually use this option on the panel layout dwgs and do my BOM from the panel layout side while including the schematics.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 3
geoff.hall
in reply to: Icemanau

Thank you for your help. I remember the past versions of AutoCAD Electrical and the items you could do, but they now have removed it and added list features instead of the graphical representations. I have an additional question, wasn't there a feature that would allow you to copy a certain terminal strip, it would be displayed linked, but would not show up as additional components?

Thank You for your help, sorry for my slow response.

Geoff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost