AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Attributes to Parametric Connectors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BryceBro
436 Views, 2 Replies

Adding Attributes to Parametric Connectors

Hi, I want to add a pin manufacturer and pin manufacturer number for each pin of a parametrically created connector using AutoCAD Electrical 2012 - I've been using the symbol builder tool to modify the connectors (VCN1_1PJ, VCN2_1PJ, etc...) and all I've been doing is adding PINMFG01P, PINMFGNUM01P attributes to the symbols. The problem is that the added attributes aren't defined incrementally like the terminals are when the symbol is created (PINMFGNUM01P, PINMFGNUM02P, PINMFGNUM03P...) - I just get the specified pin count's worth of "PINMFGNUM01P"s.

Is there a way to add attributes to the connectors so that I get them defined as 01P, 02P, 03P etc when the symbol is created?

I want to have these attributes built into the connectors for from/to wirelist reports.

Any help is appreciated - even a nudge in the right direction.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BryceBro
in reply to: BryceBro

Is there another/better way of storing pin manufacturer information?

Message 3 of 3
BryceBro
in reply to: BryceBro

Ok, if I add wire connections to the symbol the wire connection attributes are tagged incrementally when the connector is built which is great, but then one of the already existing terminal attributes will no longer be tagged incrementally and produce dublicates - it seems the number of wire connection attributes  is limited to 2 in the parametric connector reference files. Does anybody know why this is and how to get around it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost