AutoCAD Electrical General

Contributor
dmray
Message 1 of 6 (285 Views)

Active catalog lookup, revisited

285 Views, 5 Replies
09-04-2012 01:53 PM

I understand this has been addressed, and by all accounts, it shoudl have worked.  The problem is, that it didn't and I don't quite understand why it isn't.

My issue:  I am trying to establish a network location for the default_cat.mdb file.  I have it copied over to a network folder.  I go into 'options' and point a new path to that location, move it to the top, hit apply/close.  It shows up in the 'options', but it doesn't show up in the project 'current settings'.  It still shows the original file location.  I ended up creating it as a secondary location, but I would prefer to not do that, as I would like the network location to be the default/standard.

Any suggestions on what i might be doing wrong, or what i am missing?

Thanks for any help

Doug R

Active Contributor
stefan.stamate
Message 2 of 6 (270 Views)

Re: Active catalog lookup, revisited

09-05-2012 04:11 AM in reply to: dmray

You will need to modify the wd.env file and point it to the new location. This wd.env file is located here in Windows 7 for AE 2013: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Acade 2013\AeData.

Contributor
dmray
Message 3 of 6 (267 Views)

09-05-2012 05:37 AM in reply to: stefan.stamate

I opened the .env file and find nothing in there to reference what I am trying to fix (I am running 2012, btw).  That's not say the information doesn't exist (obviously it does) I'm just unsure what I am looking for.  It seems the file is loaded with remarks, with only a few lines of actual code.

Active Contributor
stefan.stamate
Message 4 of 6 (264 Views)

09-05-2012 05:40 AM in reply to: dmray

Your original wd.env file should have something like this line:

WD_LIB,%SL_DIR%/jic125;%SL_DIR%/jic125/1-;%SL_DIR%/pneu_iso125;%SL_DIR%/pid;%SL_DIR%/hyd_iso125, schem, 1-line, and pneumatic/pid/hydraulic default paths 

You will need to modify it to the new locations, something like this:

WD_LIB,Y:/Path/Libs/jic125;Y:/Path/Libs/McRae;Y:\Path\Libs\Panel_External_Faceplates;Y:/Path/Libs/pneu_iso125;Y:/Path/Libs/pid;Y:/Path/Libs/hyd_iso125schem, 1-line, and pneumatic/pid/hydraulic default paths 

Contributor
dmray
Message 5 of 6 (262 Views)

09-05-2012 05:46 AM in reply to: stefan.stamate

That did it.  Thanks for the help.  It took awhile to find the line.  It was buried in amoungst all those remarks. 

Active Contributor
stefan.stamate
Message 6 of 6 (260 Views)

09-05-2012 05:51 AM in reply to: dmray
The lines with no asterisk (*) at the beggining are active, all the other ones with * at the beggining are commentaries and therefore ignored. There are several ones which are not enabled in the original file. For instance one of them which I enable is this one for not bugging me about duplicate wire numbers:

SETQ:GBL_wd_wnum_noduplicate_chk,'("GND" "24VDC" "COM")

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community