AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active catalog lookup, revisited

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dmray
572 Views, 5 Replies

Active catalog lookup, revisited

I understand this has been addressed, and by all accounts, it shoudl have worked.  The problem is, that it didn't and I don't quite understand why it isn't.

My issue:  I am trying to establish a network location for the default_cat.mdb file.  I have it copied over to a network folder.  I go into 'options' and point a new path to that location, move it to the top, hit apply/close.  It shows up in the 'options', but it doesn't show up in the project 'current settings'.  It still shows the original file location.  I ended up creating it as a secondary location, but I would prefer to not do that, as I would like the network location to be the default/standard.

Any suggestions on what i might be doing wrong, or what i am missing?

Thanks for any help

Doug R

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
stefan.stamate
in reply to: dmray

You will need to modify the wd.env file and point it to the new location. This wd.env file is located here in Windows 7 for AE 2013: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Acade 2013\AeData.

Message 3 of 6
dmray
in reply to: stefan.stamate

I opened the .env file and find nothing in there to reference what I am trying to fix (I am running 2012, btw).  That's not say the information doesn't exist (obviously it does) I'm just unsure what I am looking for.  It seems the file is loaded with remarks, with only a few lines of actual code.

Message 4 of 6
stefan.stamate

Your original wd.env file should have something like this line:

WD_LIB,%SL_DIR%/jic125;%SL_DIR%/jic125/1-;%SL_DIR%/pneu_iso125;%SL_DIR%/pid;%SL_DIR%/hyd_iso125, schem, 1-line, and pneumatic/pid/hydraulic default paths 

You will need to modify it to the new locations, something like this:

WD_LIB,Y:/Path/Libs/jic125;Y:/Path/Libs/McRae;Y:\Path\Libs\Panel_External_Faceplates;Y:/Path/Libs/pneu_iso125;Y:/Path/Libs/pid;Y:/Path/Libs/hyd_iso125, schem, 1-line, and pneumatic/pid/hydraulic default paths 

Message 5 of 6
dmray
in reply to: stefan.stamate

That did it.  Thanks for the help.  It took awhile to find the line.  It was buried in amoungst all those remarks. 

Message 6 of 6
stefan.stamate

The lines with no asterisk (*) at the beggining are active, all the other ones with * at the beggining are commentaries and therefore ignored. There are several ones which are not enabled in the original file. For instance one of them which I enable is this one for not bugging me about duplicate wire numbers:

SETQ:GBL_wd_wnum_noduplicate_chk,'("GND" "24VDC" "COM")

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost