AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AcePmComServer Error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
srobinson
1233 Views, 7 Replies

AcePmComServer Error

Software-ACADE2011 V2.1

System-XP 64 bit

Netework installation

Using vault 2011

I have been getting this error since installation and it basically happens anytime I do a project update, title block update, or change a drawing property in a drawing that is NOT the current one. I installed ACADE on our other cad guys machine and he is not having the problem, but is on Vista 32 bit. My graphics card is on the approved list as well. I did an uninstall/install (not complete uninstall) and still have the issue. I did not have this issue with 2010 and my folder structure, custom files, etc is exactly the same set-up as 2010. If I get it in the middle of a project update certain things wont update properly and drawings will be wrong so this is a pretty serious issue.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
srobinson
in reply to: srobinson

Still having this issue....

Message 3 of 8
srobinson

Still having this issue. Other CAD guy is having it now as well. Only workaround is closing ACAD,  reopening, and  trying again.  Starting to think by the lack of help on this matter it is a bug on autocads end. Complete reinstallations do nothing...

Message 4 of 8
dougmcalexander

There were some updates that resolved such errors.  I am using version 2011 but I don't recall seeing this error since version 2008 or maybe 2009.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 8
srobinson

What did it pertain to in 2008, or was it fixed with an update?

Message 6 of 8
dougmcalexander

If you search the forum there are a few postings about this.  The latest is at the URL below.  I remember the chief engineer posting some questions about it some point as well, but again this was a long time ago.  There were hotfixes that solved it for both 2008 and 2009, as I recall. I've never see the issue with 2010 or 2011 though.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Electrical/AcePmComServer6-exe-Error-Again-and-again-and/td-p/...

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Message 7 of 8
srobinson
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Ok there I found the hotfix, which was put up recently. We will see if this works. Here is the link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16173592&linkID=9240738

Message 8 of 8
dougmcalexander

Glad you found it.  I have not had any crashes with version 2011 since update 1, but everyone's PC can react differently.  I have been getting an error beep and .err file every once in a while as I exit Electrical, but everything seems to function.

Doug McAlexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost