AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AceDBEditor.dll, AceCatalog.WPF.Client.dll

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
samdonaldson3453
343 Views, 2 Replies

AceDBEditor.dll, AceCatalog.WPF.Client.dll

I get the following message upon starting autocad.

Loading Electrical modules...
Unable to load the following modules:
G:\autocad electrical shared files\support files\AceDBEditor.dll
G:\autocad electrical shared files\support files\AceCatalog.WPF.Client.dll
Loader application completed.

Note that I have moved all of my support files including these dlls to a different location and changed the support file path to point there.  What am i missing?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

I don't belive you should move any of the PROGRAM files to a shared location. If the programs are done in .NET, you will get trouble because of the .NET Framewroks built-in security functions, disallowing programs to be ran from a potentionally "unsecure" location.

Make sure these dll's are available locally, and remove them from the shared location at the server.

If you open the AcadE help, click "Advanced Productivity" and then "Set up <sutoCAD Electrical for multiple users". There you will find a list over WHAT files to move, and where to move them. Also what changes you should do with the WD.ENV file.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2012\Acade contains these dlls as well as a bunch of bitmaps that I do want to share.  I thought it would be a cleaner approach to move the whole folder, but it causes the dll errors which makes the catalog lookup feature not work.

I will just isolate the bitmaps that I want to modify. 

It seems like these bitmaps do not belong in this folder, since they need to be modified in order to create custom arrow styles, plc styles...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost