AutoCAD Electrical General

uabh
Message 1 of 2 (243 Views)

AcadE 2012-Update used template at drawings project wide

243 Views, 1 Replies
04-28-2011 07:40 AM

Hi everyone,

I draw a new template for my company but at this new drawing, i found out that i have to add something new to the template after completing the project.

I searched the forum but couldn't find a solution to update the used template at active drawings project wide. 

Thanks from now..

Employee
jared.bunch
Message 2 of 2 (239 Views)

Re: AcadE 2012-Update used template at drawings project wide

04-28-2011 10:02 AM in reply to: uabh

Hi uabh

I believe that you can achieve the results that you are looking for by using the "Swap/Update Block" tool.  This tool allows you to update blocks with changes you have made across the entire project or to actually swap one block out for another.  There are several options for this tool, so you will want to take a close look to ensure that you get the exact results you are looking for.  I have attached a screenshot showing where you can access this tool at on the ribbon.

Swap_UpdateBlock.jpg

I hope this helps!!

Jared Bunch
Principal Interaction Designer
IPG - AutoCAD Product Line Group
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community