AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

Contributor
tmbarton
Message 1 of 2 (124 Views)

AEALIGN default alignment direction

124 Views, 1 Replies
04-08-2013 12:45 AM

Hi,

Does anyone know how to change the default alignment direction for the AEALIGN (Align Components) command?  It is defaulting to horizontal, which I almost never want.  In a previous install (ACADE 2013) it was defaulting to vertical, but I'm not sure how it got there because it started off horizontal after I originally installed ACADE, but seemingly changed without any conscious input from me at some later stage to always default to vertical.

Not a great problem of course because it's easy to change on the fly, but would be nice to know how to change it - having reinstalled it keeps catching me out because I now expect it to be vertical but it ain't.

Trevor

Contributor
tmbarton
Message 2 of 2 (113 Views)

Re: AEALIGN default alignment direction

04-08-2013 01:14 AM in reply to: tmbarton

Was going to delete the previous message because I figured out the answer but thought I'd post this in case any one else was interested.  It seems like the default alignment direction depends on the drawing's default ladder direction - well, I don't do ladder diagrams so not sure when or why I changed in the past that but I guess I did, probably just fiddling around. 

Anyway, default ladder direction horizontal sets the default alignment direction horizontal, and conversely vertical ladders, default vertical alignment.  Makes some kind of sense I guess. 

Change it in Drawing Properties->Drawing Format, or Project Properties->Drawing Format (for new drawings, or to copy into existing ones).

Trevor

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community