AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEALIGN default alignment direction

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tmbarton
577 Views, 1 Reply

AEALIGN default alignment direction

Hi,

Does anyone know how to change the default alignment direction for the AEALIGN (Align Components) command?  It is defaulting to horizontal, which I almost never want.  In a previous install (ACADE 2013) it was defaulting to vertical, but I'm not sure how it got there because it started off horizontal after I originally installed ACADE, but seemingly changed without any conscious input from me at some later stage to always default to vertical.

Not a great problem of course because it's easy to change on the fly, but would be nice to know how to change it - having reinstalled it keeps catching me out because I now expect it to be vertical but it ain't.

Trevor

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tmbarton
in reply to: tmbarton

Was going to delete the previous message because I figured out the answer but thought I'd post this in case any one else was interested.  It seems like the default alignment direction depends on the drawing's default ladder direction - well, I don't do ladder diagrams so not sure when or why I changed in the past that but I guess I did, probably just fiddling around. 

Anyway, default ladder direction horizontal sets the default alignment direction horizontal, and conversely vertical ladders, default vertical alignment.  Makes some kind of sense I guess. 

Change it in Drawing Properties->Drawing Format, or Project Properties->Drawing Format (for new drawings, or to copy into existing ones).

Trevor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost