AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE2015 - new Catalog Browser Assemblycode question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pmorosin
339 Views, 1 Reply

AE2015 - new Catalog Browser Assemblycode question

With the new Catalog Browser in 2015, how can I view and edit an item in an assemblycode.  For example if I select 800FP-P3 illuminated pushbutton, the assemblcode for that part is 800F-2ACR-1NO-24P3.  Lets say I want to edit the 24P3.  That is, I want to define what 24P3 is now.  How to I access or see that 24P3 in the Catalog Browser?

Thanks
Paul.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: pmorosin

It is a strange workflow now. Type in the catalog number of the subassembly part.  Click the search icon (magnifier).  The part will not be visible yet.  Click the Edit icon (pencil).  See the attached screen capture.  This new workflow is a bit strange.  

If you need to verify what components might be attached to a main part via assembly clode, select the main part in the Catalog Browser and click the Icon labeled Show Assembly Details.  (see attached)

Note:  There is no longer a global search box as before.  You must preselect a table (family) of devices prior to searching.  That doesn't bother me so much, but some have voiced concern about it. 

I like the Catalog Browser overall.  It forces us to be a bit more careful about adding more tables to the database, when there may already be an appropriate table.  I recommend using the MISC_CAT table if there truly is no other table for your new device.  The tables now list in parenthese what type of devices you find it that table.  People have gotten carried away adding this table and that (not paying attention to the required fields and their order, and then their database cannot be migrated to the next release of AutoCAD Electrical.

From AutoCAD Electrical Help:

Note: Subassembly catalog items must be in the same database table as the main catalog item.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost