AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE2013 slow on a network, wd.env settings

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
stefan.stamate
347 Views, 0 Replies

AE2013 slow on a network, wd.env settings

Hi all,

I noticed that AE2013 is very slow when having the wd.env file pointing to the database on our server. At first I thought that it is the network which slows it down but that's not the case as I ran a test and local or remotely does not make a huge difference (we have two buildings connected through a radio link). It takes around 10 seconds to save a schematic drawing on the server when wd.env points to the libraries, catalog, slide files, etc on the server. In contrast it takes only 4 seconds to save the same file when the wd.env points to the libraries, catalog, slide files, etc on my PC or only 1 second when the file is on my PC as well. I suspect that it might have something to do with the way the paths are entered in the wd.env. I noticed that in the wd.env file the paths are entered using the forward slash whereas all the links when you check the settings of the project (right click on project and pick settings) are shown with back slashes (like Windows Explorer displays them as well). I even tried to modify the paths to "path\folder" with no improvement. We are using the same wd.env we created for AE2009 and in that version speed was not an issue. AE2012 was a bit slower but AE2013 beats all of them. It is really annoying as in order to be faster I need to work offline to fool AE2013 that the files are actually local. Did anybody else experience similar things? Any solutions to this? 

Thanks,

Stefan

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost