AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
ricardo_baez
810 Views, 4 Replies

AE 2014

Hello fellow members,

I've just installed AE 2014 and I'm unable to edit parent components in my drawings!!! I also don't get the Insert / Edit Component dialog when inserting parent components!! It seems I'm only able to edit and insert child components!!!

I'm interested to know if anybody else suffers from the same problem.

Ricardo

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
vladop
in reply to: ricardo_baez

I installed it on XP 32-bit and WIn7 64-bit. It happened on both, but I think that it worked just after installation.

Trusted folder paths could be a problem.

Message 3 of 5
ricardo_baez

vladop,

You are correct.  I removed the shared network paths to the symbols library and databases and it worked. I then proceeded to add the network paths again and this time they worked! I'm not sure what the hiccup was the first time. I did not do anything different the second time, but I'm glad it's working.

Thanks,

Ricardo

Message 4 of 5
vladop

In my case it was wd.env file that causes the problem.

I copied my old wd.env file, but this part

************************************************************************************
* Program executable, dialog, and support files
************************************************************************************
WD,%PF_DIR%/support/,AutoCAD Electrical dialog files, xls templates, and other support files

is now changed to

* Program executable, dialog, and support files
WD,%PF_DIR%/support/%WD_LANG%/,AutoCAD Electrical dialog files, xls templates, and other support files

This is because language folder (e.g. en-US) is inserted into ACADE paths (alias is %WD_LANG%).

Other changes in wd.env are:

1) New line:

*WD_CIRCBUILDER_FNAM,"ace_circuit_builder.xls",Circuit Builder spreadsheet file name

2) Changed line:

*WD_PICKLIST,%WD_DIR%/catalogs/wd_picklist.mdb,ins component from catalog list file

to

*WD_PICKLIST,%WD_DIR%/%WD_LANG%/catalogs/wd_picklist.mdb,ins component from catalog list file

3) Changed line:

WD_CAT,%WD_DIR%/catalogs/,AE catalog file path

to

WD_CAT,%WD_DIR%/%WD_LANG%/catalogs/,AE catalog file path

4) New line:
*WD_ZIP,c:/program files/WinRAR/rar.exe, full path/name for alternate zipping utility

5) Changed line:

WD_DWF_PC3,DWF Classic (R14 look).pc3,alternate "dwf" plotter config pc3 file reference

to

WD_DWF_PC3,DWF6 ePlot.pc3,alternate "dwf" plotter config pc3 file reference

6) New line:

*WD_SET_FILES,x:/some path/,folder for report ".set" files

7) New line:

*SETQ:GBL_wd_xref_mtext_pinsize,"0.67",ratio pin/reference text size

😎 New line:

*SETQ:GBL_wd_default_plot_outputdevice,"Default Windows System Printer.pc3", Default output device

Some of these changes might be specific to my wd.env file only.

Message 5 of 5
vladop

Two more things that could cause problems if settings files are copied from previous version.

1) If old profile file is imported (Options>Profiles>Import) than file paths (Options>Files>Support file search path) with language folder (e.g. en-US) are missing:

C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2014\acade\en-us\
C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2014\acade\help\en-us\help\
C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2014\acade\support\en-us\
C:\documents and settings\all users\documents\autodesk\acade 2014\en-us\support\
C:\Documents and Settings\<User name>\my documents\acade 2014\aedata\en-us\catalogs
C:\Documents and Settings\<User name>\my documents\acade 2014\aedata\en-us\plc

2) Project defined paths (Project Properties>Project Settings>Library and Icon Menu Paths) should also be checked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost