AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACE2013 crashes when moving between drawings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
AlliedControl
426 Views, 2 Replies

ACE2013 crashes when moving between drawings

I recently updated our office from ACE2012 to ACE2013.  We had virutally no problems running 2012, but now under Autocad Electrical 2013, we get: "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x6eb91508..." most of the time when using the arrow buttons to move between drawings in a project.  It also seems to happen during other project-related operations like updating references.  Given that we move between drawings frequently, the problem has made ACE2013 virtually unusable and we have had to go back to ACE2012 for now.

Any ideas on what is causing this or how we can fix it?

We use network licensing from a Windows Server 2003 machine.  Our client machines are recent Xeon-based machines running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with 4GB of RAM (soon to be 8GB).  We use a deployment package that includes SP1.  

We ran a test where we disabled all non-microsoft services and excluded all startup items to test if other software presents a conflict and the issue still occurred. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Be sure you have the service pack installed.  Just a thought.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Doug.  I am almost positive it is since we tried to install SP1 separately from the deployment image and it said it was already installed.  I'll check to see if we can do a sort of "repair" install and see if that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost